Oral-B Pro 500 vs Genius 8000: My Comparison
July 12, 2019
The Oral-B Pro 500 and the Genius 8000 practically have no need to be contrasted except when one needs to know how two models (one of them basic, and the other one premium) from the Oral-B line of products look in contrast to one another.
Of course, there’s no clear “winner” here, because each of these models is intended for a different customer. However, if you judge them strictly based on which one you should go for if you could go for any of them, I’d say that the Oral-B Genius 8000 is among the best models one can choose to go for, if they are willing to pay a little more money.
[The main features of each of these models and how they seem in comparison to one another will be discussed in the article- so be sure to keep reading!]
What are the main features of the Oral-B Pro 500?
The Oral-B Pro 500 is a slight improvement over the very basic Oral-B Vitality model. (Click here to check out my review of the Vitality)
However, this model these few improvements are particularly noteworthy as well, because these features are some of the main things missing in the Vitality that the customers complain about. (Click here to read a detailed comparison of the Vitality and Pro 500)
The main features of the Pro 500, as such, might be summed up into the following points:
- One Cleaning Mode (2D): The Oral-B Pro 500 has only one cleaning mode, and it is a 2D cleaning mode, which isn’t as efficient as the 3D cleaning modes that some other models offer you with.
- 30-second timer: The Oral-B Pro 500 has a 30 second timer in built that alerts you after every 30 seconds when you’re brushing (the typical brushing session is of about 120 seconds). This helps you customize your overall brushing experience by planning it out more well.
- No charging Indicator: Just like the base model, the Pro 500 does not really provide you with a charging Indicator either- so you’d just have to rely on it to work properly. If you want a charging indicator, the Oral-B Pro 1000 is the most affordable choice to go for (Click here to check out my review of the Pro 1000.)
- Pricing: The Oral-B Pro 500 is just slightly more expensive than the Vitality, which is cheaper than a lot of upper-range manual toothbrushes! So, it’s fairly safe to call it one of the most affordable choices that you can hope to make if you’re planning to get an Electric Toothbrush.
If this sounds like the model that you’ve been looking for- click here to view this model on Amazon!
What are the main features of the Oral-B Genius 8000?
The Oral-B Genius 8000 is one of the foreground products, if not the very foreground product of the Genius series by Oral-B, it’s most premium choices that you can opt for!
As such, it really isn’t hard to see that this model would provide you with a high level of functionality and efficiency, but would cost quite a bit at the same time. (Click here to read my full review of the Genius 8000)
However, here are the main features of the Genius 8000 that you need to know about:
- 6 Modes to choose from: The Oral-B Genius 8000 offers you six brushing modes to choose form. This depicts a really high level of functionality that this model offers to you. However, if you want a cheaper model with 6 brushing modes, consider the Oral-B Pro 7000 (Click here to check out my full review of the Oral-B Pro 7000)
- 30-second timer, Charging Indicator, Pressure Indicator: The Oral-B Genius 8000 is a premium model and it naturally comes along with all these basic features- in fact, it comes with a lot more than just these, as we shall now check out.
- Face-recognition and real-time brushing status: The Oral-B Genius 8000 comes along with a real time face detection system where if you keep your camera open and turned towards your face while you brush, it would show you which part of your teeth still haven’t been brushed properly- making your overall brushing experience entirely perfect.
- Charger Adaptability: The Oral-B Genius 8000 has a travel case along with it- this has a charger that can adapt to almost any outlet in the world. This makes the overall charging process much simpler for you because you don’t have to carry an additional device if you’re on a trip. (Click here to see how to store your toothbrush when travelling)
- High Price: It is natural that the Oral-B Genius 8000 has a pretty high price given the fact that it is one of the most premium choices you can go from from the Oral-B line of products.
Does this sound like the model that you’ve been looking for all along? Click here to view it on Amazon!
What are the main differences between the two models?
As you might have already noticed, almost everything is different between the two models. However, the main differences might be summed up into the following points:
- Brushing modes: The Oral-B Genius 8000 has six brushing modes while the Pro 500 has only a single 2D brushing mode, clearly showing that the Pro 8000 is a much better choice in this aspect.
- Pressure and Charging Indicator: Both of these features are missing in the Oral-B Pro 500 and are present in the premium Genius 8000, as we already saw during the article.
- Bluetooth and Face-recognition: Both of these features are fairly advanced and it comes as no surprise to see that both of them are missing in the Pro 500 and are present in the Genius 8000. However, if you’re looking for a cheaper model with only Bluetooth but no face recognition, the Pro 3000 is a good choice to consider. (Click here to check out my review of this model)
- Pricing: Of course, as we noticed earlier, the Oral-B Pro 500 is one of the most affordable choices while the Genius 8000 is among the most expensive. However, if you’re looking for something that is functionally of a high level, the Genius 8000 is well worth its price.
We stand by what we said at the very beginning of the article- these two toothbrushes are fundamentally different and we cannot select a clear winner.
If you’re looking for a model that is highly functional and super efficient and are willing to pay a little bit extra for it, the Oral-B Genius 8000 is undoubtedly the choice for you here. (Click here to view it on Amazon)
But if you’re looking for something that’s basic and not so fancy, or are just on a much more conservative budget overall,. the Oral-B Pro 500 is also a great choice! (Click here to view it on Amazon)