Oral-B Vitality vs Pro 500: A Comparison
July 12, 2019
The Oral-B Vitality and the Oral-B Pro 500 are among the most similar models that you can buy out there. In fact, most people can’t tell the difference when they see them for the first time- and they really aren’t all that different when it comes to looks after all!
However, there sure are some features that set one of them ahead of each other. If you asked me which one was better, I’d probably say that the Oral-B Pro 500 is better by a narrow margin if you have a slightly flexible budget. This is mostly owing to the fact that it provides you with a few more features than the Vitality variants (although it is a little more expensive as well)
[Wondering about what all the differences between these two models exactly are? Well, keep reading to find out!]
The Oral-B Vitality: What are its main features?
The Oral-B Vitality is often treated as a go-to model for many of the users that are starting to get into the Oral-B electric toothbrushes. The Vitality is a great choice because it’s pretty economic and provides you with a lot of functionality, making it a great value-for-money product.
You can check out my full Oral-B Vitality review right here.
- One Cleaning Mode: The Vitality provides you with only one cleaning mode- it provides you with a 2D one, oscillating from side to side at about 7600 rotations per minute.
- Brush-Heads: With the Vitality you get either two floss-action or two dual-clean heads.
- Timer: The Oral-B Vitality comes with the standard two minute timer that’s built into it. IT does not have any additional features.
- Charging: The charging process isn’t really very praiseworthy when it comes to the Oral-B Vitality model. This model has a base charger that does not feature a light indicator. So, you can’t really know if it is charging or not- you simply have to trust that it is working properly. Again, the charge usually lasts for about 5 days (you can find out more about how long the charge lasts on each model by clicking right here.)
- Variants: The Oral B Vitality comes in two variants: The Oral B Vitality Floss-Action and the Oral-B Vitality Dual Clean. The exact heads you receive depends on the model that you choose to go for.
- Pricing: The Oral-B Vitality is well known for being one of the most economic models out there. It is much more affordable than the more premium models out there, being priced at a range of 23.99-29.99$.
Feel like this sounds like the right model for you? Click here to buy it on Amazon.
What are the main features of the Oral-B Pro 500?
As I remarked earlier, the Oral-B Pro 500 is remarkably similar to the vitality models. As such, it is also one of the models that the people really love- in fact, it has a rating of about 4 and a half stars on amazon!
At any rate, here are the main features of the Oral-B Pro 500 that you need to know about:
- One Cleaning Mode: Just like the Vitality mode, the Oral-B Pro 500 also provides you with only one cleaning mode- it provides you with a 2D one, oscillating from side to side at about 7600 rotations per minute.
- The Quadpacer and 2 minute pro timer: Now, this model is the lowest priced model that provides you with an addition to the default 2 minute timer that comes built in for almost every electric toothbrush. This model actually overs you a 30-minute timer at the same time, known as the quadpacer. The main feature of this specific mode is that it gives you a small interval after every 30 minutes and then changes the brushing intensity as well as the sound it makes. This actually gives you a chance to organize your overall brushing a little bit more.
- Brush-Heads: This model comes with only one precision-clean head. This is one of the main things people criticize this model for, that it doesn’t provide you with a few extra brush-heads at the beginning.
- Variants: The Pro 500 also has two variants, these are the Original version and the special Gum-care version of the Pro 500. Both of them have similarly high ratings and are equally loved by their users.
- Pricing: As remarked earlier, the Pro 500 is slightly more expensive than the Vitality models. However, it is still actually fairly affordable, priced between 34.99-39.99$, with occasional discounts when it costs downwards of 30$!
If this sounds like the toothbrush of your dreams, click here to check out the Oral-B Pro 500 on Amazon!
What are the main differences between these two models?
As we’ve been saying during the entire course of this article, these two models are quite alike. However, even so, there are, naturally, a few things that set these two models apart and lead us to recommend the Oral-B Pro 500 a little more, these differences might be summed up as follows:
- The Timers: The main things that sets these two models apart is the extra timer feature that the Oral-B Pro 500 boasts of. It has a special feature where it alerts the user after every 30 seconds during the 2 minute overall brushing session. The Oral-B Vitality models, despite having the overall 2 minute timer, lack this 30-second alert feature, which a lot of users are looking for- this puts the Oral-B Pro 500 model ahead.
- The Brush-heads provided: Another main thing is the difference in the type as well as the number of brush heads provided, as you already know, the Oral-B Pro 500 comes with only one precision-clean head. However, the Oral-B Vitality comes with 2 floss-action or dual clean heads, making it a little more preferable. Of course, both the models can actually use a wide range of Oral-B brush-heads, regardless of what they come along with.
- The Pricing: Another notable difference between the two that makes people choose one of them is the economic factor. The Oral-B Vitality, priced between 23.99-29.99$ is substantially more affordable than the Pro 500 priced between 34.99-39.99$. However, the gap between the prices of the two might reduce a little when discounts are available.
However, these are some of the main things that set these two models apart, and given the overall higher features, I’d recommend the Oral-B Pro 500 if you are a little flexible with your budget.
If Oral-B Pro 500 seems like the model that you’d want to go with, click here to buy it straight away on Amazon!
However, this does not mean that the Vitality is not a good choice. It is also a great choice and is much more preferable if you’re on a conservative budget. You need to keep in mind that one of the main things is to remain within your budget, because that’s the prime trait of a smart shopper!