Are electric toothbrushes bad for your teeth?
July 12, 2019
9 out of 10 people wonder if Electric Toothbrushes have any chance of damaging their teeth- and trust me, it’s perfectly natural to have this query if you’re concerned about your teeth.
However, there’s no need to worry, because if used properly, electric toothbrushes are not bad for your teeth at all. On the contrary, they are often even better than the regular toothbrushes as far as efficiency, functionality and comfort goes.
[Wonder about how we arrived at this conclusion? Make sure that you keep reading our article till the very end!]
Are Electric Toothbrushes bad for your teeth?
As I just remarked, this is a perfectly natural query to have if you’re worried about keeping that perfect smile up. So, thing is, there are some specific things that get people to worry if electric toothbrushes are really as safe as they are supposed to be.
- Gum recession: One of the greatest concerns out there is if Electric Toothbrushes are related to Gum recession. However, there’s really no reason to be worried about it because sites such as ElectricTeeth have already showed that it’s not. Quoting ElectricTeeth,
No, the electric toothbrush does not cause gum recession.
It can exaggerate or accelerate recession, but this is as a result of user (human) error rather than the action of the brush.
- Abrasiveness: The next major concern is if it’s abrasive overall. But researches have already shown that this is not the case, so that’s not something you really need to worry about either.
As you might have realized by now, there are quite a few things that one might initially be worried about. However, it has already been shown that none of these can really be blamed on Electric toothbrushes in particular. In fact, in some cases such as abrasion, manual toothbrushes are even worse as a choice than Electric ones!
How do Electric Toothbrushes stand in comparison to regular ones?
Well, what you might be wondering about now is where exactly Electric toothbrushes stand in comparison to regular toothbrushes.
After all, since we’ve shown that Electric toothbrushes are not harmful at all, and are often even better as a choice than regular ones, it seems like it’s better than regular ones, right?
However, there are a few small negative sides to Electric toothbrushes as well. These are that you need to use them properly in order to derive the maximum benefits out of them, and keep them charged.
Electric Toothbrushes are also often much more expensive than regular toothbrushes, at least as far as the premium models are concerned (Click here to read my comparison of the very basic and a premium Electric Toothbrush model)
But, if you’re looking to know if Electric Toothbrushes are really better, click here to check out my article on this.
Top 3 for your First Electric Toothbrush!
Finding your first electric toothbrush can be pretty hard, given all the choices that you have available out there and how similar a lot of them might seem.
However, don’t worry- Tooth Advocates is here for you! We have already done the research and shortlisted three models for you that you might want to choose from when buying your first Electric Toothbrush! These are:
- Oral-B Vitality (Click here to view it on Amazon): If you’re looking for a model that’s actually super affordable, and are willing to let go of most of the features that make your brushing experience more automated and customized, this would be the right choice for you! Please click here to read my full review of this model.
- Oral-B Pro 1000 (Click here to view on Amazon): Next in line is the Oral-B Pro 1000. If you want to go for one of the more customer favorite models that’s fairly affordable but still provides you with a good range of features, this would be the ideal model for you to go for! Please click here to read my review of this model.
- Oral-B Pro 7000 (Click here to view on Amazon): And finally, if you’re looking for a model that provides you with quite a bit of functionality and is pretty much a premium choice, and are willing to pay a bit extra for it, then the Pro 7000 would be the ideal choice for you. Click here to check our my review of this model.
Keep in mind that if you’re looking for a perfectly premium model, then you’d probably be better off with the Oral-B Genius 8000 (Click here to read my full review.)
The life-span of the toothbrush: And why proper care is important
One thing you might want to keep in mind is that while your toothbrush wouldn’t last forever, the overall care you put into it actually determines how long it’s going to last.
As someone who has seen people completely destroying their toothbrush in a week, I know how important care is. So, that’s what I’m going to recommend.
I’d really like to ask you to take care of your toothbrush. And how long is it going to last? Well, I’ve already written a comprehensive article on that just to help you out with your question!
Tooth Advocates is here for you, always!
We seem to have reached the end of today’s article as well. We hope that you could find the information that you were looking for, and that you would be able to apply it in your hunt for the ideal model for yourself.
We here at Tooth Advocates are always eager to hear from you, so please do not hesitate in reaching out to us if there’s anything more that you want to talk to us about!
Once again, thank you for taking your time to read our article till the very end today. We hope to see you again on our upcoming article. Till then, we here at Tooth Advocates take your leave and wish you a great day!