My Comparison: Oral-B Pro 1000 vs Pro 3000
July 12, 2019
ThThe Oral-B Pro 1000 and Pro 3000 are actually remarkably similar models that you can easily get confused between if you aren’t an expert or don’t look very closely.
Honestly, even if you do, there aren’t too many differences between the two. However, people have generally preferred the Oral-B Pro 1000 a little more as it seems, and that has its very own reasons. (Click here to view it on Amazon.)
[Wondering about what are the main differences between the two that lead to this conclusion? Keep reading to find out!]
What are the main features of the Oral-B Pro 1000?
The Oral-B Pro 1000 is actually a pretty famous model from the Oral-B line of products when it comes to Electric Toothbrushes. (Click here to check out my review of this model)
There are quite a few reasons behind these, but these would become obvious as soon as you take a look at the main features that this model offers you with:
- A Single 3D cleaning mode: Oral-B Pro 1000 comes along with a single cleaning mode just like the Oral-B Vitality (click here to read my review of the vitality model), but a better one- the Pro 1000 comes along with a 3D cleaning mode that is pretty effective at what it does.
- Battery: The Oral-B Pro 1000 actually has a moderate battery life, it lasts for about 10 days assuming that you brush twice each day for 2 minutes each.
- Quadpacer: The Oral-B Pro 1000 boasts of the Quadpacer (30-second timer) that allows you to be alerted after every 30 seconds during the 2 minute brushing sessions.
- Pressure Sensor: The Oral-B Pro 1000 comes along with a pressure sensor as well, which alerts you when you’re applying too much pressure (which is harmful for your teeth and gums)
- Lacks Bluetooth: The Oral-B Pro 1000 does not really come along with Bluetooth connectivity. So, if that is something that you’re looking for, then this might not be the ideal model for you.
- Pricing: The Oral-B Pro 1000 is actually a pretty affordable model. It is a little more expensive than the base models of Oral-B Vitality and Oral-B Pro 500. (Click here to read my comparison of the Oral-B Pro 500 and Pro 1000)
If this sounds like a model you’d be willing to choose, like thousands of customers already have and a glad that they did, click here to view the Oral-B Pro 1000 on Amazon!
What are the main features of the Oral-B Pro 3000?
The Oral-B Pro 3000 is a comparatively mid-range model, and a slightly more functional as well as expensive choice, if that’s what you’re looking for.
This model is also really loved, because this is the cheapest model that provides you with a Bluetooth connectivity, bringing your Electric toothbrush to the next level of customization. (Click here to read my full review of the Pro 3000)
The main features of the Oral-B Pro 3000 might be summed up in the following points:
- 3 modes to choose from: The Oral-B Pro 3000 gives you three modes to choose from. You can choose to remove plaque, take care of your gums, or do both at the same time! This is the level of functionality that this model provides you with! Although, if you’re looking for functionality, don’t forget to consider the Oral-B Pro 7000 (click here to read my review of this model)
- Battery: The Oral-B Pro 3000 has a 14 day battery, which means that once charged, it’s going to last for much longer than a lot of other models, making it a much better choice.
- Quadpacer: This model also provides you with the quadpacer, which is also known as the 30-second timer. This is a special feature of the timer that alerts you after ever 30 seconds during the two minute brushing session so that you can make the overall session much more organized. It also makes the brushing experience substantially different. (This Quadpacer feature is available from the Pro 500 model onward. It is absent in the Vitality model.)
- Bluetooth Connectivity: As I already remarked, the Oral-B Pro 3000 is famous because it is one of the cheapest models you can opt for if you’re looking for Bluetooth connectivity as well. This makes this model a great choice from that perspective.
- Pricing: The Oral-B Pro 3000 is almost a mid-range model. While not as expensive as the perfectly mid-range Pro 5000, this model is still somewhere in the mid-range when it comes to pricing.
Sounds like the right model for you? Click here to view it on Amazon!
What are the main differences at work here?
As I remarked earlier, there really aren’t too many differences if you aren’t looking for the Bluetooth feature.
However, as we promised, we’re now going to sum up the main differences between these two models. These are as follows:
- Bluetooth: The Oral-B Pro 1000 does not provide you with Bluetooth connectivity while the Pro 3000 does, as we just remarked and saw during the course of today’s article.
- Battery life: The Oral-B Pro 1000 has a battery life of about 10 days while the Oral-B Pro 3000 has one of 14 days. So, if you’re looking for a longer battery life, the Pro 3000 is the better choice here.
- Brushing modes: The Oral-B Pro 1000 has only a single 3D brushing mode while the Oral-B Pro 3000 boasts of 3 brushing modes! The latter naturally has an advantage in this specific case.
- Pricing: However, when it comes to pricing, the Oral-B Pro 3000 is more expensive than the Pro 1000. The difference between these two models is actually significant. So, if you’re looking for a more affordable choice, the Pro 1000 might be the right choice for you.
As you might have already noticed, the differences between the two are few. The Oral-B Pro 3000 is slightly more functional and comes at an increased cost than the Pro 1000.
So, if you’re looking for a model that satisfies your basic needs and comes at an affordable price, the Oral-B Pro 1000 is the choice for you. This is our choice here. (Click here to view it on Amazon)
However, if you’re fine with spending a bit extra, and are looking forward to having a little more functionality and added Bluetooth connectivity, the Pro 3000 might be the right choice for you. (Click here to view it on Amazon)