My Review of the Oral-B Genius 8000 Electric Toothbrush
July 12, 2019
The Oral-B Genius 8000 is the basic model of the Oral-B Genius series, which is pretty much the premium Electric Toothbrush series from Oral-B.
This model is perfectly worth going for despite the fact that it is pretty expensive because it provides you with seriously high levels of functionality as well efficiency along with a whole array of features that you can choose from! (Click here to view this model on Amazon)
[Wondering about the exact features of this model? Well, make sure that you read the article till the very end to find out!]
What are the main features of the Oral-B Genius 8000?
In order to understand why this model is loved by its customers, all you need to do is take a look at the main features that the Oral-B Genius 8000 offers you with.
The main features of this specific model might be summed up into the following points:
- The Face Detection Mechanism: One of the main things about this model that is available from only this model onward is the fact that it pairs your toothbrush with your phone and keeps continually tracking your brushing pattern in order to figure out which part you have brushed so far. It shows an image of the teeth that you haven’t properly brushed so far, making your brushing experience perfect.
- Bluetooth: The Technology that we just mentioned, naturally, works when your smartphone is coupled with your toothbrush through Bluetooth. So, naturally, Bluetooth connectivity is obviously a feature that this model provides you with at the same time.
- Six Brushing modes to choose from: This model also offers you with six brushing modes- the same as the Oral-B Pro 7000 (click here to read our review of the Pro 7000.) This high level of brushing modes is indicative of the high level of functionality that this model provides you with.
- Pressure Sensor: This model also comes along with a pressure sensor and a customizable multi-colored ring that shows if you’re applying too much pressure or not as well as your overall brush time.
- Battery: This model boasts of a Lithium-ion battery that can last up to 14 days once fully charged- this is actually a great deal because you wouldn’t have to worry about charging that often anymore.
- Adaptability of charger: The Travel Case charging system would work in a different voltage systems as well, so you can actually be at rest that you would not need to carry a transformer along with you throughout the world if you ever decide to go on a trip.
If these features make this model sound like it’s worth going for- click here to check out this model on Amazon.
What are some of the limitations of the Oral-B Genius 8000?
This model, while really high on the number of features that it provides you with, does have a few limitations that you might want to consider before you actually go ahead with this model.
These drawbacks might be summed up into the following points:
- You need to be in front of the camera during the entire brushing session: In order for the face recognition feature to work and the phone to be able to tell you where you’ve brushed properly, you need to be in front of the camera during the entire brushing session.
- Pricing: Another minor problem with this model is that this isn’t exactly the most affordable choice out there. While it isn’t the most expensive either, it sure is pretty expensive. For people who don’t want to invest that kind of money into an electric toothbrush, or simply are on a slightly conservative budget, might not feel like this is the model that they want to go for.
Verdict: Is this model worth going for?
The main drawback here seems to be the fact that this model is pretty expensive. So, the solution is fairly simple, this model is worth going for if you’re fine with paying a little bit extra for all these added features that this model offers.
If you feel like this is the model that you’re looking for, you might want to click here to buy this model on Amazon.
Alternatively, if you’re looking for something much more pocket friendly but is actually a good choice nonetheless, you might want to check out the Oral-B Pro 1000 (Click here to check out our review of the model)
Should you dry your toothbrush before storing it?
From my experience, I can easily say that a lot of people, at least the ones I know, actually don’t really care to dry their toothbrush properly before storing it.
[In fact, when I finally found even my close friends doing it, I was sure that this was an issue not addressed properly.]
It needs to be kept in mind that this is a completely wrong thing to do- and it can be really harmful or even dangerous for not only your dental health but also your overall health.
Keep in mind that you should always dry your toothbrush before storing it away.
But don’t worry, really- Tooth Advocates has got you covered! We’ve already prepared an article addressing exactly this problem. So, if that’s something you might want to check out, click here to see it
Thank you for reading today’s article at Tooth Advocates!
You know, I love having you around, and I’m really glad to see that you stayed till the very end! I really hope that you liked today’s article, and that you’d stay tuned for our upcoming ones.
I understand, though, that you might still have a few questions that you’d like to ask me. And guess what? I’d love to answer them for you! So, if there’s anything that you think I might be able to assist you with, don’t hesitate to shoot it straight my way.
And just remember that your dental hygiene really deserves more priority than it gets. So, please promise yourself that you’re going to take care of those teeth now onward! After all, you need to keep up that smile for all the happy events coming in your life, don’t you?
Once again, thank you for being here till the very end, and please check back for more awesome articles such as this one. Until we meet again on another article, have a great day!