My Comparison of the Oral-B Vitality vs Genius 8000
July 12, 2019
How would the basic Oral-B vitality fare in comparison to the premium model of Oral-B Genius 8000? If that’s what you’ve been wondering about, then you’re at the right place!
The Oral-B Genius 8000 is a premium model, that is substantially more expensive than the Vitality, but well worth this price difference. (Click here to view it on Amazon)
However, if you’re looking for an affordable model, the Oral-B vitality is obviously the better choice of the two. (Click here to view it on Amazon)
[Wondering about the specifics of each of these models and the differences between them? Keep reading to find out more!]
What are the main features of the Oral-B Vitality?
The Oral-B vitality is the basic, starting electric toothbrush model from the Oral-B line of products. This would be the right choice for you if you’re looking for affordability or if this is your first electric toothbrush experience. (Click here to read out full review of the Oral-B Vitality)
The main features of of the Oral-B Vitality might be summed up in to the following points:
- Offers a single cleaning mode: The Oral-B Vitality is a basic model, as I just stated. So, it is natural that it doesn’t offer you with a very high level of functionality. It only provides you with a basic 2D cleaning mode.
- Comes with 2 Brush-heads: One positive thing about the Oral-B Vitality, however, is that it comes along with 2 Brush-heads. A lot of the models do not actually come along with this feature. In fact, the next model to come along with more brush-heads in the box is the Oral-B Pro 6000. (Click here to read our comparison between the Oral-B Vitality and the Pro 6000)
- Does not offer A Quadpacer or a Pressure Sensor: Being a really basic model, the Oral-B Vitality does not even provide you with some pretty core features such as the Quadpacer (30 second timer) or the Pressure Sensor. These features are perfectly available from the Oral-B Pro 1000 model onward (Click here to read my review of the Oral-B Pro 1000)
- No Bluetooth: The Oral-B Vitality does not offer you with any additional features and as such doesn’t really need to connect to your smartphone. As such, it doesn’t really offer you with a Bluetooth feature either.
- No Charging Indicator: The Oral-B Vitality doesn’t even offer you with a charging indicator- this is sometimes a serious problem because you can never really be sure if your toothbrush is charging properly or not. The Pro 1000 and onward models provide you with this feature as well. (Click here to check out the Pro 1000 model on Amazon)
- Pricing: If you’re looking for affordability, you really don’t really need to look any further. This is pretty much the best model in terms of affordability, and that’s for certain.
While this model is pretty basic, it still ranks really high because of its seriously high level of affordability. So, if you’re looking for something simple and affordable, this might be the right choice for you. (Click here to view the Oral-B Vitality on Amazon)
What are the main features of the Oral-B Genius 8000?
The Oral-B Genius 8000, by contrast, is a premium model. In fact, it is the default choice when someone is looking for a premium electric toothbrush from the Oral-B line of products. (Click here to read my full review of the Oral-B Genius 8000)
But what makes this model so special? Well, let us take a look at the main features of this model to find out:
- Six Brushing modes: The Oral-B Genius 8000 offers you with 6 brushing modes. This is a really high level of functionality that not too many models offer you with. However, the Oral-B Pro 7000 also does offer you with 6 brushing modes. (Click here to check out my full review of the Oral-B Pro 7000)
- Provides you with a better timer, charging indicator and pressure indicator: Being a premium model, the Oral-B Genius 8000 comes along with all these features from the very beginning, so you don’t have to be afraid of losing out on the core important features that improve your overall brushing experience.
- Bluetooth Connectivity and Face Recognition: What makes the Oral-B Genius 8000 even better is the face recognition technology. When your toothbrush is connected to your smartphone, and if you choose to keep the camera focused on your face while brushing, this technology provides you with tips on which parts you need to brush a little more or less. This has the potential to substantially improve your overall brushing results.
- Reliable Battery: The Oral-B Genius 8000 has a much more reliable battery as compared to many other models. The battery in this model can last up to 14 days, making you free from having to worry about charging it all the time.
- Pricing: Given the fact that this is a premium model, it must be admitted that it is priced accordingly. While it’s available for a little lesser because it’s often on sale, it sure is pretty expensive. However, it can justify this price with the amount of features and functionality that it provides you with.
If these features make this model sound like it’s worth going for- click here to check out this model on Amazon.
What are the main differences between these two?
These two models are substantially different. In fact, the fact that these two models are both electric toothbrushes from Oral-B is probably where their similarities end.
However, let us attempt a slightly more detailed comparison between the two based on what each of them offer:
- Brushing modes: The Vitality offers you with a single 2D brushing mode while the Genius 8000 offers you with 6. This makes the Genius 8000 a much better choice in terms of functionality.
- Quadpacer as well as Charging and Pressure indicators: These are some of the pretty core things that the Oral-B vitality does not really provide you with because it’s a very basic model. The Oral-B Genius 8000 offers you all of these features, giving it a clear lead.
- Face Recognition: The face recognition system is fairly advanced and the Oral-B 8000 is one of the very few models that provide you with this feature. It is fairly natural that a basic model like the Vitality would not provide you with this feature. Please note that the Vitality doesn’t provide you with Bluetooth at all.
- The Economic Factor: One of the most important things to consider buying a product is the economic factor. In this case, however, it isn’t that simple to judge. The Oral-B Vitality is actually a very basic model and is priced accordingly, while the Genius 8000 is priced like a premium model should be. While in direct comparison the Vitality is several times cheaper, it must be kept in mind that the Genius 8000 is actually reasonably priced if one considers the features it offers.
What must be kept in mind when you go out to buy for the right product for yourself is what you’re looking for. Your needs define which model would be the right one for you. Keep in mind that the best model isn’t always the cheapest or most expensive ones, but the one that serve your needs at the most reasonable price.
In view of that, it can safely be said that the Genius 8000 is a great choice if you’re looking for a premium model at a reasonable price. (Click here to view it on Amazon)
At the same time, the Vitality is also a great model if you’re looking for a basic model that’s extremely affordable. (Click here to view it on Amazon)