Oral-B Pro 500 vs Pro 1000: A Comparison
July 12, 2019
The Oral-B Pro 500 (Click here to read our review of this model) and Pro 1000 (click here to read our review) are actually pretty similar models. However, they still do have a few very specific differences that set them apart and can lead you to choose one over the other.
All things considered, I personally feel like the Pro 1000 is the better choice of the two (Click here to view this model on Amazon.) However, that’s not all that there is to it, of course.
[Wondering about what the exact things are that lead me to this conclusion? Keep reading to find out!]
In today’s article, we are going to take a look at the main features of each of these models and figure out what sets them apart and what makes one of them better than the other. Let’s get started!
What are the main features of the Oral-B Pro 500?
The Oral-B Pro 500 is a substantial improvement over the Vitality model (click here to read our comparison between the two models.) However, that’s not all that there is to it- in order to properly know about this model, we need to take a look at its features.
So, the main features of the Oral-B Pro 500 might be summed up as follows:
- One 2D Cleaning mode: Like the Vitality model, this Pro 500 also boasts of only one 2D cleaning mode. This is a good basic choice, but isn’t really the best choice out there at the end of the day.
- 30-second timer: The 30-second timer, also known as the quadpacer, is yet another thing that the Oral-B Pro 500 boasts of. The main purpose of this feature is to basically alarm you after every 30 seconds during your two minute brushing sessions.
- No Charging Indicator: A serious drawback of this model just like the Vitality is that this model does not come along with a charging indicator either. This means, you can never really know for certain if the model is charging properly or not until it runs out of charge.
- Variants: Another amazing thing about the Oral-B Pro 500 is that it has two variants that you can choose from! The two variants that you can choose from are the Original and the Gum-care versions.
- Pricing: The Oral-B Pro 500 is without doubt an affordable model. Priced only slightly higher than the vitality model, the Pro 500 actually provides you with features well worth the price that you’re paying,
Sounds like this model would be the right choice for you to go for? click here to check out the Oral-B Pro 500 on Amazon!
What are the main features of the Oral-B Pro 1000?
The Oral-B Pro 1000 is by far one of the bestselling models from the Oral-B line of products when it comes to electric toothbrushes. This model is a particular favorite because of the cost-functionality ratio- to put it in other words, this model provides you with a very high level of functionality while being quite affordable at the same time! (Click here to read my full review of the Oral-B Pro 1000)
At any rate, the main features of this model might now be discussed:
- One 3D cleaning mode: The Oral-B Pro 1000 boasts of a single cleaning mode as well. However, this is a 3D mode which is slightly better than the 2D mode that the lower models provide you with.
- 30-second Timer feature: The 30-second timer feature or the quadpacer is present in this case as well. The Oral-B Pro 1000 comes along with that added functionality.
- Pressure Sensor: The Oral-B Pro 1000 also has a pressure sensor that powers it down when you’re applying too much pressure. This makes it easier for you to know when you’re brushing too hard and adjust your brushing experience accordingly.
- Charging Indicator: The Oral-B Pro 1000 also comes along with a charging indicator. In fact, this is the lowest-priced model that provides you with this feature, making it a great choice to go for if you want something in the very-affordable range which provides you with a high level of functionality.
- Pricing: The Oral-B Pro 1000 isn’t really all that more expensive than the Oral-B Pro 1000. It falls within the affordable range as well.
This model is loved by almost every user and it sure does deserve to be loved that way. If you think this would be the right model for you, you might want to click here to view it on Amazon.
What are the main differences here?
These two models actually happen to be fairly similar at the first glance. But don’t worry, they have quite a few differences that can actually help you choose the better one of the two in this specific scenario.
So, the main models worth mentioning are as follows:
- Cleaning mode difference: Both the models have only one cleaning mode. However, the Pro 1000 actually has a 3D cleaning mode which is superior to the 2D cleaning mode that the Pro 500 offers you with. So, if you’re looking for a better cleaning efficiency, the Pro 1000 seems to be the right choice for you.
- Pressure Sensor: The next difference is the pressure indicator. While the Pro 500 does not have a pressure sensor, the Pro 1000 does. This helps you adjust your brushing experience accordingly.
- Charging indicator: Another really important thing is the charging indicator, which the Pro 1000 offers you with in this case. So, that’s something I feel is really worth considering.
- Pricing: The Oral-B Pro 500 is actually cheaper than the Pro 1000 technically. However, the Pro 1000 is actually still fairly affordable and provides you with a lot more features than the Pro 500, making it the better choice of the two.
Note: Please note that none of these models offer you with a Bluetooth feature. If you’re looking for that, please consider checking out the Pro 3000 (Click here to read my review of the Oral-B Pro 3000)
In this specific case, it is pretty clear that the Oral-B Pro 1000 is the better choice of the two by far. This is mostly because of the high level of functionality that it provides you with as well as the reasonable price that it has keeping in mind all the features that it offers. (Click here to view it on Amazon)
Of course, this doesn’t mean that the Oral-B Pro 500 isn’t worth going for. The Pro 500 is a good model too and is loved by a lot of people. But it’s much more basic and is actually not all that cheaper than the Pro 1000. But if you feel like you want to stay within a price range, then this model might be worth going for. (Click here to view it on Amazon)