Our Oral-B Pro 5000 Electric Toothbrush Review
September 1, 2020
Another amazing model that you might want to know about is the Oral-B Pro 5000 electric toothbrush. This is an amazing choice that gives you a premium feel at a much lesser price than the higher-end models.
This model could be said to be a perfectly mid-range model in the Oral-B Brand. If you want something more affordable, you could go with models such as the Vitality (click here to red my review of the Vitality model) or the Pro 500 (click here to read my review of the Oral-B Pro 500 Electric Toothbrush), while you could always choose to go with the Pro 7000 or something like that if you’re looking for something even fancier.
[Wondering about the exact details of the Pro 5000? Well, make sure that you read the article till the very end to find out!]
What are the main features of the Oral-B Pro 5000 Electric Toothbrush?
The Oral-B Pro 5000 Electric Toothbrush is an amazing choice if you’re looking for the right mix of functionality and price as well as a premium feeling while remaining within an affordable range.
This is why this model is loved by so many people. However, that’s not all that there is to it. This model also provides you with quite a few features that are truly awe-inspiring. These features might now be summed up in the following points:
- 5 Modes to choose from: The Oral-B Pro 5000 offers you 5 modes to choose from (this is a substantial increase from the 3 modes that the Oral-B Pro 3000 offers you with.) These are: Daily Clean, Gum Care, Sensitive, Whitening, and Deep Clean. Naturally, this is quite a big deal because you are actually getting a lot of potential functionality with this right here.
- Visible Pressure Sensor: Once again, this model also comes with a pressure sensor that lights up whenever you’re brushing too hard. This is actually a good thing because using too much pressure is actually harmful for your teeth hand gums. So, you can be alerted when the pressure indicator lights up and you can adjust your brushing accordingly to get the most out of your brushing sessions.
- In The Box: This model comes with quite a few things, which actually does justify the price to a huge extent. It comes with 1 Oral B Smart series handle, one floss-action brush head, 1 premium charger with refill head storage and a premium travel case. All of these together make this a great purchase, although some people do express a little disappointment at not receiving at least one extra brush-head.
- Bluetooth connectivity: This model also offers you Bluetooth connectivity so that you can basically communicate with your toothbrush making your overall brushing experience not only more efficient but also a lot more comfortable and personalized.
- Pricing: As I said earlier, this model is a perfectly mid range model in terms of price. Priced almost perfectly midway between the most affordable and the much more premium models, this model is generally available for around 100$. However, given all that this model provides you with both in terms of in-box as well as functionality, this model sure seems to deserve that price tag.
If this seems like the perfect model for you the way it did for me, click here to go for it on Amazon.
What are the limitations of the Oral-B Pro 5000?
The Oral-B Pro 5000 has its own fair share of limitations that you need to be aware about before you go out and actually get this model. The main ones among them might be summed up in the following points:
- Breaks Easily: One complain that quite a few customers have made about this model is that it has stopped working of after a certain point of time, and while Oral-B is receptive, they have faced a runaround at times. So, this is something you might want to do your research on if you plan to go for this model. For a model that’s known for its longevity, you might want to check out the Oral-B Pro 1000 (click here to read our review of the Oral-B Pro 1000 Electric Toothbrush)
- Bad Bluetooth connectivity system: One negative aspect about this model, again, is that it the bluetooth function cannot really be used in a smooth way. You need to be brushing while having the app open in order for it to work properly. Again, you need to have the app in the foreground throughout the brushing session, and you cannot really use your phone for the time being. Again, customers also complain that the overall adjustment system is not really as great as it could have been. So, these are some of the things you might want to keep in mind before you go for this model.
- Pricing: Some of the customers complain that this model is a little too expensive. But honestly, this is not a very reasonable thing to say given the things it provides you with and the overall functionality that it offers.
If you think this isn’t the right model for you, you might want to check out the Pro 1000, which is a particular customer favorite among the Oral-B Toothbrushes. Click here to check out my review of the Pro 1000.
Is this model worth going for?
Well, you must be wondering if this model is worth going for after all. Well, honestly, this model has quite a few features that are really praiseworthy. However, it also has the negative aspect that it has reportedly stopped working for quite a few customers.
As such, I’d say that this model is a fairly balanced choice. And this applies both in terms of reliability as well as pricing, like we have already seen.
So, if you would like to go for this model after all, you might want to click here to buy it on Amazon.
Tooth Advocates is here for you!
You have reached the end of today’s article! Thank you for taking your time to read our article.
I really hope that you found the article interesting and informative and found what you were looking for.
I understand that you might still have a few more questions for us, and guess what? We look forward to hearing from you! So, please don’t hesitate to throw any questions you have straight at us!
We here at tooth Advocates thank you once again for reading our article till the very end, and we look forward to having you on our upcoming articles as well! Till then, Tooth Advocates takes your leave and wishes you a great day!