How to connect an Oral-B toothbrush to Bluetooth?
July 12, 2019
The Oral-B Pro 3000 is the most affordable model that you can choose if Bluetooth connectivity is what you’re looking for in your Oral-B Electric Toothbrush. (Click here to read my review of the Oral-B Pro 3000)
But once you do have your toothbrush, what next? How do you connect your toothbrush to Bluetooth?
That is exactly what we are going to look at today! If you’re wondering about how you might be able to connect your Oral-B toothbrush to Bluetooth, you’re at the right place- so make sure that you read this article till the very end!
How to connect an Oral-B Toothbrush to Bluetooth?
It isn’t really too hard to connect your Toothbrush to your Bluetooth, especially since it intends to make your overall brushing experience simpler and even more effective!
So, the main steps that you need to follow might be summed up as follows:
- Ensure that your Bluetooth is active on both your Toothbrush and Smart Phone: The first thing that you want to do is this- ensure that your Bluetooth is active both on your Smartphone and Toothbrush (Make sure that you have a toothbrush that actually supports Bluetooth, such as the Oral-B Pro 7000.) The wavy sign on the toothbrush indicates Bluetooth connectivity and that must be turned on for you to connect your toothbrush to Bluetooth.
- Open your Oral-B Application: What you need to do next is turn on your Oral-B Application so that your can actually go ahead and keep track of time on it properly and see your programmed modes, if any.
- Turn your toothbrush on for the timer to start: After this, once you turn your toothbrush on, the timer is going to start and it’s going to work for 2 minutes, which is the typical brushing session.
- Enjoy your Brushing experience: And that’s it! It’s that simple, after you’ve followed these steps, it’s practically done connecting to Bluetooth and you can just go ahead and enjoy your brushing experience!
What do I need to connect my Oral-B Toothbrush to Bluetooth?
Well, now you might be wondering what are the main things that you exactly need in order to connect your toothbrush to Bluetooth.
And this is a reasonable thing to ask- because most of the time people are either lacking a proper electric toothbrush model or a proper smartphone. So, here’s what you need. Quoting Oral-B,
- An Oral-B SmartSeries or Genius electric toothbrush. Many of our Oral-B PRO electric toothbrushes also include the term ‘SmartSeries’ in their name, and this means they’re able to connect to our Oral-B App. All of our Oral-B Genius toothbrushes can connect to the Oral-B App.
- A compatible smartphone. The Oral-B App can be used with Android OS 4.4 or higher and iOS 9.0 or higher. Android OS 7.1 and above and iOS 10.0 and above are recommended for best results. The Oral-B App is not yet running on any other platforms (including Windows)
- The Oral-B App…The latest version is 6.0.1 for Android and 6.0.2 for iOS, and it’s important to keep it updated! (Most smartphones will update it automatically when a new version is available.)
As is clear from this post, all you need is a proper Electric Toothbrush that can connect to Bluetooth and a proper smartphone that supports this system and the Oral-B application.
The main models that you might be looking at if you want a Bluetooth Connection are:
- The Oral-B Pro 3000– Click here to read my review of this model.
- The Oral-B Pro 5000– Click here to take a look at my review.
- The Oral-B Pro 6000– Click here to go to my review of this model.
- The Oral-B Pro 7000– Click here to check out my full review.
- The Oral-B Genius 8000– Click here to read my review.
Are Electric Toothbrushes really better?
One of the most frequently asked questions is if Electric Toothbrushes are really as good as quite a few dentists and users paint them out to be.
Well, you’d be glad to know that they indeed are much better than regular toothbrushes in several aspects.
As such, if you have still not made shift to an electric toothbrush, you really should consider doing so soon enough!
Tooth Advocates has already prepared an entire article discussing if Electric toothbrushes are really better, and how. Click here to check out our article!
Braces and Electric Toothbrushes: Do they go well together?
For quite a few of my friends, one of the main concerns was that an Electric Toothbrush wouldn’t be a good choice because of the fact that they had braces.
Well, I did my research on this, and as it turns out, there is no problem in using an electric toothbrush even if you have braces!
Tooth Advocates has already prepared an entire article on this to help you out if this is something you are concerned about as well. In which case, click here to check out our article!
At the end of the day, it is fairly safe to say that connecting your model to Bluetooth isn’t really that hard if you follow the steps that we saw in today’s article.
Also, all you need is a proper toothbrush model, a compatible smartphone, and the Oral-B application in order to go ahead and customize your overall brushing experience to perfection!
We also saw that it’s perfectly fine to do all this even if you have braces and that this whole process is really much more effective than using regular toothbrushes- which does mean a great deal if you still haven’t shifted to an Electric Toothbrush.
Tooth Advocates is here for you
And we’ve reached the end of yet another article. I really hoped that I could answer the questions that you came to us with today, and that you’d be able to use this information to make your overall brushing experience even better.
If there’s anything more that you’d like to ask me, make sure to leave a message and I’d try my best to get to you the soonest I can!
Also, thank you for taking your precious time to read our article till the very end- I really hope to see you again on our next article right here at Tooth Advocates!