A Comparison of the Oral-B Pro 6000 vs Genius 8000
July 27, 2019
A lot of people seem to recommend the Oral-B Pro 6000 over the Genius 8000 because of the simple fact that they believe that the Genius 8000 provides you with features that you don’t really usually need.
I personally feel like the Oral-B Genius 8000 is the better choice if you can afford it because it provides you with a wide range of features and you can use then whenever you need them.
If you’re like me, you might think of a toothbrush as an investment to keep your teeth and oral hygiene in the best possible condition. If so, while staying within budget is still essential, pricing should not be the only point of consideration.
[Make sure that you keep reading to find out more about why I recommend the Genius 8000]
What are the main features of the Oral-B Pro 6000?
The Pro 6000, on the other hand, is almost a premium model choice! While not exactly a premium model, it still provides you with almost the same features at a price that is a little more affordable. (Click here to check out my review of the Oral-B Pro 6000)
The main features of this model are:
- Five Brushing modes to choose from: The Oral-B Pro 6000 gives you five brushing modes and allows you to choose from these. This makes it much simpler to adapt your brushing experience to your needs, even if they aren’t constant throughout.
- 12 Day Battery life: The Oral-B Pro 6000 has a twelve day battery life, which is actually a pretty big thing. This means you can go for 12 days without having to charge your toothbrush again once you’ve fully charged it.
- Travel Case: The Oral-B Pro 6000 comes along with an awesome travel case that is specially cushioned to take care of your toothbrush when you’re travelling. This is something you can’t find in models up to the Oral-B Pro 5000. (Click here to check out my review of the Pro 5000)
- 360 degree smart ring: This is yet another feature that is available in this model and is actually a fairly premium thing. The smart ring connects to your Bluetooth and lets you know if there’s some problem with the way you’re brushing, helping you achieve a better brushing experience overall.
- Comes with 4 brush-heads: The Oral-B Pro 6000 comes along with 4 brush-heads, which is actually a great thing because even if you use one brush head for 3 months, that’s a year’s worth of supply for you right there!
If this sounds like the right model for your choice, Click here to buy it on Amazon!
What are the main features of the Oral-B Genius 8000?
The Oral-B Genius 8000 is the premium flagship model for the Oral-B line of products and brings to you an entirely different level of functionality and efficiency, although at a slightly higher price than the other models. (Click here to see my full review of the Genius 8000)
The main features of this model might be summed up as follows:
- 6 Brushing modes: Just like the Oral-B Pro 7000, the Genius 8000 also comes along with 6 brushing modes. This is a really high number of modes and this goes on to show you the high level of efficiency that this model provides you with.
- Position Detection Technology: What sets the Oral-B Genius 8000 apart from almost all the lower models is the position detection technology. With the suction cup that holds your phone on the wall, you can actually see which part of your teeth still need a little more brushing, making your overall brushing experience a lot more enriched.
- 4 Color Choices to choose from: The Oral-B Genius 8000 also gets a fairly high score as far as aestheticism is concerned, offering you with 4 models to choose from. These are Black, White, Rose Gold and Orchid Purple.
- 14 day battery life: A huge plus for the Oral-B Genius 8000 is that it has a battery life of 14 days, more than any other model below it. This makes it an awesome choice if you’re looking forward to having to charge your toothbrush as rarely as possible. In this case, that’s only once every two weeks!
- Premium Travel Case: The Oral-B Genius 8000 also comes along with a premium travel case that you can easily charge your toothbrush in. This goes ahead to also show you the high level of functionality that not only the model but even the travel case provides you with with the Genius 8000.
Feel like this model might be able to live up to your expectations? Click here to check it out on Amazon!
What are the main differences between these two?
As you might have already noticed, there are a whole lot of things that set these two models apart. The main things that you need to know before you go ahead and choose the right model for yourself are as follows:
- Brushing modes: The Oral-B Pro 6000 offers you with 5 brushing modes, while the Genius 8000 gives you 6 to choose from, making the latter a better choice from this aspect.
- Battery life: The Oral-B genius 8000 has a battery life of 14 days, which is longer than the 12 day battery life of the Pro 6000. However, it must be kept in mind that both of these are actually pretty long battery lives.
- Color Choices: The Oral-B Genius 8000 offers you with 4 colors to choose from, while the Pro 6000 comes in only one color. So if aestheticism is something you’re worried about, the Genius 8000 is the better choice of the two.
- Position Detection: This is one of the more advanced features that the Genius 8000 offers you with, this really isn’t something that the Pro 6000 has.
- Suction cup smartphone holder: The Oral-B Genius 8000 comes along with a suction cup smartphone holder where you can place your phone when you’re brushing with the camera on and turned to your face in order to get real-time updates on which part of your teeth needs a little more bushing- this suction cup doesn’t really come along with the Oral-B Pro 6000.
- Pricing: And of course, there’s the difference in pricing. The Oral-B Pro 6000 is actually a lot cheaper than the Genius 8000. And the reason is fairly simple- the Genius 8000 being a premium model really explains the price difference.
Well, at the end of the day, I would say that there really isn’t a clear winner in this case. These two models are not really intended for the same person, and either of them could be better for you than the other depending on your specific needs.
If you’re looking for a higher level of automation, efficiency, adaptability, features and comfort, then the Oral-B Genius 8000 is the better choice for you if you’re fine with the price tag. (Click here to go for it on Amazon!)
On the other hand, if you’re willing to sacrifice a few of these things, then you could get quite a few extra points on the affordability aspect, and in that case you might wanna just go with the Oral-B Pro 6000 in this case. (Click here to check it out on Amazon!)