Oral-B Pro 7000 vs Genius 8000: My Comparison of the two
September 1, 2020
The Oral-B Pro 7000 is the model using the latest technology that the Oral-B line of products has to offer. On the other hand, the Genius 8000 is the flagship model with a whole new level in terms of functionality, efficiency and utility.
How, then, would these two models match up to each other? How would the most advanced model match up to the latest flagship model that the Oral-B has to offer?
[While both models are great choices to go for, make sure that you read till the very end to figure out which model would be the right one for you!]
What are the main features of the Oral-B Pro 7000?
The Oral-B Pro 7000 is one of the models that I personally recommend all the time.
To me, this model feels like a premium choice that you get for a price much more affordable than the models that are called premium. (Click here to read my full review of this model)
That being said, this model might lack a few features that the premium models have- but given the price gap here, that seems pretty much acceptable if you aren’t looking to have all the features you could possibly get.
At any rate, the main features of this model might be summed up in the following points:
- Brushing modes: The Oral-B Pro 7000 comes along with 6 brushing modes, which shows you the level of functionality that it provides you with as well as the level of adaptability that this model has.
- Battery life: The Oral-B Pro 7000 has a battery life of about 10 days, which is pretty standard. It really isn’t too high, but it isn’t too low either, so yeah, guess we can’t really complain.
- The right technique: So, all in all, this model actually helps you learn the right technique to brush, so that the brushing is not only a lot of work that is done, but work that is done smartly to provide you with the best results!
- Travel Case with Charger Support: The Oral-B Pro 7000 comes along with a travel case that you can also charge your toothbrush in. This is something that makes this model really amazing, because you can not only store your toothbrush in there, but charge it at the same time.
- Two Color Choices: If you’re like me, aestheticism might be one important thing for you as well. So, if that’s something you’re looking for, this model provides you with that as well- while the overall look of the model might depend from person to person, having a color choice is always a good thing. The Oral-B Pro 7000 comes along with two possible color choices for you- you could choose to go with a black or a white model, although both of them do look equally beautiful!
I really can’t get tired of recommending this model, this model just seems to me like the holy grail of Oral-B Toothbrushes. If you feel the same way, click here to check it out on Amazon!
What are the main features of the Oral-B Genius 8000 Electric Toothbrush?
The Oral-B Genius 8000 is the premium flagship model from the Oral-B line of products. Despite the fact that is isn’t the latest model in terms of technology, it still provides you with a really high level of functionality and justifies its price as a premium choice. (Click here to check out my full review of the Genius 8000)
The main features of the Oral-B Genius 8000 Electric Toothbrush might be summed up into the following points:
- Brushing modes are 6: The Oral-B Genius 8000 offers you with 6 brushing modes to choose from, the same as the Oral-B Pro 7000.
- Battery life of 2 weeks: The Oral-B Genius 8000 offers you with a battery life of 2 weeks, which is actually one of the longest battery lives that you can choose to go for.
- 4 color choices: The Oral-B Genius 8000 offers you with 4 color options to choose from when buying the model- so, if you want the color of the toothbrush to match it with the place where you wanna keep it or use it, then this model might be a great choice for you. Black, White, Rose Gold and Orchid Purple are the choices that you get to choose from.
- Position Detection Technology: The Oral-B Genius 8000 offers you with a position detection technology as well, letting you know which part of your mouth still needs more brushing- making it much easier for you to keep track of the brushing process and make your overall experience better.
- Suction Cup Smartphone holder: The Oral-B Genius 8000 also comes along with a suction cup smartphone holder to hold your smartphone while the camera is on and turned towards you so that you can actually use the position detection technology.
Sounds like the model that you’re looking for? Well, you might want to click here to view it on Amazon.
What are the main differences between these two models?
Despite the fact that both of these models are really advanced and are great choices, they do have quite a few differences between them that you need to know about before going out and selecting the right model for yourself.
The main differences between these two might be summed up as follows:
- Position Detection Technology: The Oral-B Genius 8000 actually offers you with the position detection technology that you can use to see which part of your mouth still needs a little more brushing. This is something that you do not get with the Oral-B Pro 7000.
- Smart Guide Technology: On the other hand, the smart guide technology is something that the Oral-B Pro 7000 provides you with but the Genius 8000 lacks. Quoting Bestelectrictoothbrushclub,
The Oral B 7000 comes with the wireless “Smart Guide”, a device that coordinates with the brush wirelessly to provide real-time feedback on your brushing. Feedback includes information on the mode that you are using, how much longer you should spend brushing your teeth, and when you should move on to another region of your mouth. The 8000 doesn’t offer you this equipment since the Smart Guide has been integrated in the latest version the Oral-B APP, which features an even more advanced display via the smartphone screen. On the 8000 you will be able to see what part of your mouth you’re are currently cleaning, as well as where you should shift your focus too, via a technology called “position detection”.
- Suction Cup Smartphone Holder: The Oral-B Pro 7000 does not really come with a suction cup smartphone holder because it does not provide you with the position detection technology. On the other hand, the Genius 8000 provides you with that technology and comes along with it, making the latter a better choice in this case.
- Battery life: The Oral-B Pro 7000 has a battery life of about 10 days, which is fairly standard. On the other hand, the Genius 8000 has a battery life of about 2 weeks, which is what you might wanna go for if you’re looking for a longer battery life.
- Pricing: The Oral-B Genius 8000, as you might have guessed, is more expensive than the Oral-B Pro 7000, which is the more affordable choice of the two in this specific scenario.
In conclusion, it can easily be said that none of the two models is the clear winner in this scenario.
If you’re looking for a higher level of functionality and efficiency and overall features, and if you want an overall better brushing experience on an individual tooth basis, then the Oral-B Genius 8000 is the better choice. (Click here to view it on Amazon)
If you’re looking for something that’s efficient, advanced and can actually do the job of brushing in a great way, and if you’re looking for something that’s premium at a price that’s less than what the other premium models cost, then the Pro 7000 is the better choice of the two. (Click here to view it on Amazon)