Oral-B Pro 500 vs Pro 5000: My Comparison
July 12, 2019
The Oral-B Pro 500 and the Oral-B Pro 5000 sound almost similar, but you need to notice that 0 over there because it signifies a gap of quite a few models in between!
As such, the Oral-B Pro 5000 is a much better choice than the Oral-B 500 if you’re looking for functionality and efficiency and are willing to pay a bit extra for it. (Click here to view the Oral-B Pro 5000 on Amazon)
[Don’t worry, we’re going to take a look at all the features and differences one by one- make sure you keep reading till the very end!]
What are the main features of the Oral-B Pro 500?
The Oral-B Pro 500 is the model just slightly above the Oral-B Pro Vitality, and is a base model in essence. (Click here to read my full review of the Pro 500)
It offers you with a few features above the perfectly base model, but does not really differ from it all that much at the end of the day (Click here to check out the differences between the Oral-B Vitality VS Pro 500)
The main features of the Oral-B Pro 500 might be summed up into the following points:
- A single 2D brushing mode: The Oral-B Pro 500 can boast of only a single 2D brushing mode. This is pretty much the base mode and that’s what makes this model a base model in terms of functionality and efficiency.
- Quadpacer/ 30 second timer: The Oral-B Pro 500 offers you with a 30 second timer as well. This is the lowest priced model that provides you with this feature, making this model a good choice if this is the main feature you’re looking for.
- No Charging Indicator: Just like the Vitality, the Pro 500 doesn’t have a charging indicator either. If you’re looking for this feature as well, you might want to go for the Pro 1000 at the very least. (The Pro 1000 is the cheapest model that provides you with a reasonable level of functionality- click here to view it on Amazon)
- The Pricing Factor: The Oral-B Pro 500 is actually one of the most affordable models out there, just slightly more expensive than the Oral-B Vitality. So, if you’re looking for economy, this is one of the models that you’d love.
If these features seem to suit your needs, the Oral-B Pro 500 would be a great choice for you! Click here to check it out on Amazon!
What are the main features of the Oral-B Pro 5000?
The Oral-B Pro 5000, on the other hand is the perfectly mid-range model among the Electric Toothbrush models from Oral-B. It provides you with quite a few features and a pretty high level of functionality at a price that’s actually understandable. (Click here to read my full review of the Oral-B Pro 5000)
The main features of the Oral-B Pro 5000 might be described as this:
- Five brushing modes: The Oral-B Pro 5000 boasts of five brushing modes for you to choose from. Clearly, this model has a high level of functionality and adaptability to your needs. The Oral-B Pro 6000 also boasts of the same number of brushing modes but has a few added features- Click here to check out my review of the Pro 6000!
- Pressure and Charging Indicators: This model has a pressure and a charging indicator built-in. So, it alerts you, visually, whenever you’re charging your model or using too much pressure while brushing. This helps you make your charging and brushing experiences a lot more customized.
- In The Box: This model comes with quite a few things, which actually does justify the price to a huge extent. It comes with 1 Oral B Smart series handle, one floss-action brush head, 1 premium charger with refill head storage and a premium travel case. All of these together make this a great purchase, although some people do express a little disappointment at not receiving at least one extra brush-head.
- Bluetooth: This model is also connectable to your smartphone via Bluetooth. If this is something that you’re looking for, then you’d love this model. However, if you’re looking for a cheaper model with Bluetooth, consider the Oral-B Pro 3000 (Click here to check out my review of it.)
- Pricing: The Oral-B Pro 5000 is actually a mid-range model and is priced accordingly. It’s not the cheapest model out there, of course, but it is equally distant from the more expensive choices as well.
If this seems like the perfect model for you the way it did for me, click here to go for it on Amazon.
What are the main differences between these two models?
As I said at the very beginning, the main similarity between these two models is the fact that they have very little difference in their name.
But once you put that aside, you’d realize that there are a whole lot of differences between these two models- something that would help you easily choose between the two.
The main differences might now be discussed.
- Number of brushing modes: The Oral-B Pro 500 boasts of a single 2D brushing mode while the Pro 5000 boasts of five brushing modes. Clearly, the Pro 5000 takes a lead in this case in terms of functionality.
- Pressure and Charging Indicators: Both these features are missing in the Oral-B Pro 500 while the Pro 5000 provides you with both of them.
- Bluetooth Connectivity: Of course, this is yet another important feature that you need to keep in mind. The Oral-B Pro 5000 boasts of this feature, but the Pro 500 is a much more basic model that does not really have this feature.
- Pricing: And of course, the Oral-B Pro 500 is much more affordable than the Pro 5000. However, it must be kept in mind that the Pro 5000 actually has a justifiable price tag because of the fact that it offers you with a high degree of functionality and quite a few advanced features.
So, at the end of the discussion, it should be safe to say that the Oral-B Pro 5000 is the better choice of the two here as far as functionality and efficiency go. In fact, it even has a justifiable price tag if you consider all the features that it offers you with. (Click here to check the Pro 5000 out on Amazon!)
However, that doesn’t mean that the Oral-B Pro 500 isn’t a good model. If you’re looking for a model above the Vitality but at a price that’s still extremely affordable, the Pro 500 is the right choice for you! (Click here to check it out on Amazon!)