Oral-B Pro 3000 vs Pro 6000: My Comparison
July 12, 2019
The Oral-B Pro 3000 shows significant improvement over the Oral-B Pro 1000 and boasts of quite a few features that you’d find alluring.
However, how would it measure up to the Oral-B Pro 6000? If that’s what you’ve been wondering about as well, then you’re at the right place!
In today’s article, we are going to check out how the Oral-B Pro 3000 VS Pro 6000 are different and which one you might want to go for in which case.
To sum up the entire article in one sentence, it’d be safe to say that the Oral-B Pro 6000 is a the better choice of the two as far as functionality is concerned, but is quite a bit more expensive than the Oral-B Pro 3000.
What are the main features of the Oral-B Pro 3000?
The Oral-B Pro 3000 offers you with quite a few features over the Oral-B Pro 1000 at a price that’s still quite affordable and certainly reasonable. (Click here to check out my full review of the Oral-B Pro 3000)
The main features of the Oral-B Pro 3000 might be summed up as follows:
- 3 Cleaning modes: The first thing that you need to know about this model is that it provides you with three cleaning modes to choose from.
- Pressure Indicator, Charging Indicator, Quadpacer: All of these features come along with the Oral-B Pro 3000. If these are the features you’re looking for, the Oral-B Pro 3000 can easily live up to your expectations.
- 7 day battery-life: The Oral-B Pro 3000 also comes along with a 7 day battery life, which means that you would not have to worry about charging it for 7 days once you’ve fully charged it.
- 2 colors to choose from: There are two color options available if you choose to go for the Oral-B Pro 3000- white and blue. So, if aestheticism is something you have in mind, the Oral-B Pro 3000 is a great choice from that angle.
- Bluetooth Connectivity: The Oral-B Pro 3000 also comes along with Bluetooth connectivity, as you might have guessed already. In fact, this is one of the most affordable models from Oral-B that provide you with this feature.
Sounds like a model that you’d want to go for? Click here to view it on Amazon.
What are the main features of the Oral-B Pro 6000?
The Pro 6000, on the other hand, is almost a premium model choice! While not exactly a premium model, it still provides you with almost the same features at a price that is a little more affordable. (Click here to check out my review of the Oral-B Pro 6000)
The main features of this model are:
- Five Brushing modes to choose from: The Oral-B Pro 6000 gives you five brushing modes and allows you to choose from these. This makes it much simpler to adapt your brushing experience to your needs, even if they aren’t constant throughout.
- 12 Day Battery life: The Oral-B Pro 6000 has a twelve day battery life, which is actually a pretty big thing. This means you can go for 12 days without having to charge your toothbrush again once you’ve fully charged it.
- Travel Case: The Oral-B Pro 6000 comes along with an awesome travel case that is specially cushioned to take care of your toothbrush when you’re travelling. This is something you can’t find in models up to the Oral-B Pro 5000. (Click here to check out my review of the Pro 5000)
- 360 degree smart ring: This is yet another feature that is available in this model and is actually a fairly premium thing. The smart ring connects to your Bluetooth and lets you know if there’s some problem with the way you’re brushing, helping you achieve a better brushing experience overall.
- Comes with 4 brush-heads: The Oral-B Pro 6000 comes along with 4 brush-heads, which is actually a great thing because even if you use one brush head for 3 months, that’s a year’s worth of supply for you right there!
If this sounds like the right model for your choice, Click here to buy it on Amazon!
What are the main differences between the two models?
As you might have already guessed, these two models aren’t exactly the same. In fact, there are quite a few differences that set these two apart.
The main ones among these might be summed up in the following points:
- Number of brushing modes: The Oral-B Pro 3000 has only 3 brushing modes while the Oral-B Pro 6000 offers you with 5 brushing modes. So, if functionality, efficiency and adaptability are what you’re looking for, then the Oral-B Pro 6000 seems to be the better choice for you here.
- Battery life: The Oral-B Pro 6000 offers you with a battery life of 12 days, which is almost twice that of the 7 day battery life the Pro 3000 offers you with. If energy efficiency is your main concern, you might still want to go with the Oral-B Pro 6000.
- In-box brush heads: The Oral-B Pro 3000 comes along with a single brush head as opposed to the 4 that the Pro 6000 comes with. So, even from an economical perspective of in-the box items, the Oral-B Pro 6000 seems to be the better choice.
- Travel Case: The Oral-B Pro 6000 comes along with a premium travel case that the Pro 3000 doesn’t offer you. So, if you’re looking for something that you can use to carry your electric toothbrush along with you when you’re going on a trip and don’t want to buy it separately, the Oral-B Pro 6000 might be the better choice for you here.
- Pricing: At the end of the day, there’s always the perfectly economic factor of the differences in cost. From this perspective alone, the Oral-B Pro 3000 is a better choice because it’s cheaper. However, given the price difference between these two models, and comparing that with the difference in terms of functionality, efficiency and overall potential to give you a better brushing experience, I’d say that the Oral-B Pro 6000 is worth the price.
Finally, I would like to conclude by saying that this is one of the cases where we do have a clear winner, in a certain way.
If you’re looking for features, then the Oral-B Pro 6000 is clearly the winner here because of all that it offers you with. Be it in terms of in-built features or in the box items, it actually takes the lead from almost every aspect. (Click here to buy it on Amazon)
There is a price difference between the two models, and that might be the once place where you might consider going for the Oral-B Pro 3000. However, keeping in mind all the differences between the two models, I’d say that the Oral-B Pro 6000 is a better choice for as long as paying this extra price doesn’t hurt you.
Of course, that being said, the Oral-B Pro 3000 is also a great choice if you’re on a conservative budget and don’t want to exceed your limit by going for the Oral-B Pro 6000. (Click here to view it on Amazon.)
Keep in mind that the main thing about smart shopping is to know your needs and limits and to go for the model that caters to all your needs at the most affordable price. Going above your budget is one of the decisions that you always need to avoid as a smart buyer.
That being said, thank you for taking the time to read our article till the very end here at Tooth Advocates. We were glad to have you over and hope to see you on our upcoming articles as well. Till then, Tooth Advocates takes your leave!