My Comparison of the Oral-B Pro 5000 vs Pro 6000
July 27, 2019
The Oral-B Pro 5000 and Pro 6000 are pretty similarly priced. This makes it hard to choose between them just as much as the overall similarities in their features do.
Even if you’re well aware about Electric toothbrushes, these two brushes are so similar that it’s natural to get confused or at least to take some time to consider which one would be better than the other.
If we were to directly arrive at a conclusion, I’d say that the Oral-B Pro 6000 is the better choice of the two here. (Click here to view it on Amazon)
[Wondering about the main differences between the two and why this one is better? Keep reading to find out.]
As it so happens, these two models are even priced closely, so price isn’t really a huge turning point here, making the Oral-B Pro 6000 better than the Pro 5000.
What are the main features of the Oral-B Pro 5000?
The Oral-B Pro 5000 is a perfectly mid-range model both in terms of features and pricing. As such, it is a great choice both for people who are new to electric toothbrushes as well as to people who are planning to upgrade from a more basic model such as the Pro 1000 (click here to check out my comparison of the Oral-B Pro 1000 vs Pro 5000)
At any rate, the main features of the Oral-B Pro 5000 are as follows:
- 5 Brushing modes: The Oral-B Pro 5000 comes along with 5 brushing modes for you to choose from. This depicts the level of functionality and adaptability that this model offers you with.
- Battery Life: The Oral-B Pro 5000 actually has a battery life of about 10 days. This is good, but it really isn’t as good as some of the other models available out there from the Oral-B line of products.
- Provides you with a better timer, charging indicator and pressure indicator: The Oral-B Pro 5000 comes along with all these features from the very beginning, so you don’t have to be afraid of losing out on the core important features that improve your overall brushing experience.
- Bluetooth Connectivity: The Oral-B Pro 5000 also comes along with Bluetooth connectivity. If you’re looking for a more affordable model with Bluetooth connectivity, the Oral-B Pro 3000 might be worth checking out. (Click here to check out my review of the Pro 3000)
If this sounds like the right model for you- click here to view the Oral-B Pro 5000 on Amazon.
What are the main features of the Oral-B Pro 6000?
Priced just slightly above the Oral-B Pro 5000, the Oral-B Pro 6000 appears to provide you quite similar features at the first glance. But when you take a closer look, it becomes clear that there are a few minor differences here and there than can affect your overall brushing experience. (Click here to view my full review of the Oral-B Pro 6000)
At any rate, the main features of the Oral-B Pro 6000 might be summed up as follows:
- 5 Brushing modes: The Oral-B Pro 6000 also comes along with 6 brushing modes, just like the Oral-B Pro 5000.
- Battery life: The Oral-B Pro 6000 has a fairly good battery life- it can actually work for up to 12 days once you have fully charged it.
- 360 degree LED smart ring: This is one of the features that the Oral-B Pro 6000 provides you with and is one of the most affordable choices to provide you with. So, if this is something that you’re looking for, the Oral-B Pro 6000 might be the ideal model for you.
- Travel Case: The Oral-B Pro 6000 is also one of the most affordable choices that come with an Amazing travel case. So if you’re looking forward to carrying an amazing electric toothbrush in its amazing travel case with you, the Oral-B Pro 6000 might be able to help you out quite a bit!
- Comes with 4 toothbrush heads: Another really amazing thing about the Oral-B Pro 6000 is that it comes along with 4 toothbrush heads in the box. This is really amazing because most models come with only one, with the vitality being another exception that comes along with two. (Click here to check out my review of the Oral-B Vitality)
If this makes you feel like going for this model- click here to view it on Amazon.
What are the main differences between these two models?
The Oral-B Pro 5000 and Pro 6000 are fairly similar, just like we stated earlier. But there sure are quite a few differences that reveal themselves when you look a little more closely.
It is based on these differences that you would be able to choose the ideal model for yourself. All you need to do is keep your needs in mind and compare every model with your needs. Keep in mind that the best model for you is not the most affordable or the most expensive one, but the one that serves all your needs at the price that seems like the most reasonable to you.
At any rate, the main differences between the Oral-B Pro 5000 and Pro 6000 are as follows:
- Battery life: The Oral-B Pro 6000 is the winner in this case because it provides you with a battery life of 12 days as opposed to the 10-day battery life of the Oral-B Pro 5000.
- Smart Ring: The Oral-B Pro 6000 is also the winner in this case because the Oral-B Pro 5000 does not really provide you with this feature in the first place.
- Premium Travel Case: While the Oral-B Pro 5000 does come with a very basic travel case, the Oral-B Pro 6000 comes with a pretty premium one. While not as premium as the ones of Oral-B Genius 8000 (click here to check out my review of this model), it still is a pretty good choice.
- In the box toothbrush heads: The Oral-B Pro 5000 comes along with a single toothbrush head while the Oral-B Pro 6000 comes along with three of them, making it a much better choice overall.
- Pricing: Of course, as we said earlier, while there is a difference of price between these two models, the Oral-B Pro 5000 being slightly more affordable, it must be kept in mind that the prices are actually pretty similar.
In conclusion, it could easily be said that of these two models, the Oral-B Pro 6000 is the clear winner here. (Click here to view it on Amazon)
This is mostly owing to the fact that it simply provides you with a higher level of functionality as well as efficiency. It also comes along with quite a lot of extra things, which more than justifies the slight difference between these two models.
As such, if you’re stuck between these two models and don’t have any extra fascination with the Pro 5000, the Pro 6000 seems like the better choice of the two, at least to me.