Do Oral-B toothbrush heads fit all models?
July 12, 2019
Oral-B models incorporate quite a few features that dental professionals recommend. However, do they really have that kind of adaptability with their toothbrush heads as well?
What do you think, do Oral-B toothbrush heads fit all models?
As it turns out, you can pretty much use any toothbrush head with the handle of any model out there! Pulsonic is an exception, however.
[Wondering about the exact details and the specific cases where you might not be able to use a toothbrush head? Keep reading to know more!]
Do Oral-B Toothbrush heads fit all models?
As I just remarked, all toothbrush heads do fit all models! With the exception of the pulsonic, this is actually valid and is a great thing, because you really don’t have to worry about compatibility issues.
There are quite a few kinds of toothbrush heads out there. Quoting Oral-B,
- CrossAction: Bristles angled at 16 degrees to remove 100% more plaque*
- Pro GumCare: Ultra-thin bristles are tough on plaque while gentle on gums
- 3D White: Polishing cup gently removes surface stains for whiter teeth
- Floss Action: MicroPulse bristles provide superior interdental clean**
- Sensitive Gum Care: Extra soft bristles perfect for sensitive gums
- Precision Clean: A comfortable clean that’s perfect for beginners
- Deep Sweep: Three distinct cleaning zones for a comprehensive clean
- Ortho: Designed to gently clean around braces
- Dual Clean: Two moving brush heads to penetrate hard-to-reach areas
- Interproximal Clean: Designed to clean around dental work such as crowns and bridges
And naturally, all of these have pretty different features, as you can see. So, while all these can be used with almost any model out there, you need to make sure that you are actually using a toothbrush head that caters to your needs properly.
You can’t just go ahead and select one randomly just because it fits your toothbrush handle- so make sure that you do your research and get the right toothbrush head according to your needs.
Having problems with a new toothbrush head?
Well, in case you’re having problems with getting your new toothbrush head to fit, it might be because of an entirely different issue.
The main reason could be that some of the plastic from the older toothbrush head that you were using till now has come out and stuck to the shaft. This would actually need you to clean that place out before you can go ahead and fix the new toothbrush head.
Again, another reason could also be toothbrush building up there and actually solidifying in such a way so as to stop you from taking out the older toothbrush head from coming out, resulting in it ending up breaking when you try to pull it out.
This can be avoided by actually ensuring that you take out your toothbrush head after every brushing session and wash the joint properly, and then dry it well before storing it away for your next use. This would ensure that no toothpaste build-up would be there to cause any problems.
Do you need to brush with Toothpaste?
A lot of my friends used to ask me if it was alright to actually not use toothpaste when brushing. So, I did my research and as it turned out, you do not really need to use toothpaste when brushing!
The main thing is that you don’t need to use it because of the fact that using a wet toothbrush is actually just as efficient in cleaning food particles and plaque.
However, there are still quite a few advantages to actually using a toothpaste that you would miss out on should you choose to not use it.
But don’t worry- Tooth Advocates has prepared an entire article for you on this to help you figure out the main pros and cons to using Toothpaste and if you really need to use it. Click here to check out my article.
Top 3 for your First Electric Toothbrush!
Finding your first electric toothbrush can be pretty hard, given all the choices that you have available out there and how similar a lot of them might seem.
However, don’t worry- Tooth Advocates is here for you! We have already done the research and shortlisted three models for you that you might want to choose from when buying your first Electric Toothbrush! These are:
- Oral-B Vitality (Click here to view it on Amazon): If you’re looking for a model that’s actually super affordable, and are willing to let go of most of the features that make your brushing experience more automated and customized, this would be the right choice for you! Please click here to read my full review of this model.
- Oral-B Pro 1000 (Click here to view on Amazon): Next in line is the Oral-B Pro 1000. If you want to go for one of the more customer favorite models that’s fairly affordable but still provides you with a good range of features, this would be the ideal model for you to go for! Please click here to read my review of this model.
- Oral-B Pro 7000 (Click here to view on Amazon): And finally, if you’re looking for a model that provides you with quite a bit of functionality and is pretty much a premium choice, and are willing to pay a bit extra for it, then the Pro 7000 would be the ideal choice for you. Click here to check our my review of this model.
Keep in mind that if you’re looking for a perfectly premium model, then you’d probably be better off with the Oral-B Genius 8000(Click here to read my full review.)
Tooth Advocates is here for you!
We have reached the end of today’s article here at Tooth Advocates! I really hope that you could find the information that you were looking for and that you would be able to put the information to use in making your brushing experience even better!
Thank you for taking your time to read this article till the very end! Hoping to see you again on our next article, Tooth Advocates take your leave!