Oral-B Pro 3000 vs Genius 8000: A Comparison
July 16, 2019
How do you think the Oral-B Pro 3000 would stand in comparison to the premium Oral-B Genius 8000?
[If that’s something that you’d like to find out, make sure that you read today’s article till the very end!]
Given their price tags and the type of features they provide you with, it is evident that these two models are actually meant for different customers.
Even so, if we had to judge them for what they’re worth, I’d personally say that the Oral-B Genius 8000 is a much better choice of the two here if price really isn’t a factor for you here. (click here to view it on Amazon)
Naturally, the Oral-B Pro 3000 is also a great choice if you want something a little more economically affordable.
What are the main features of the Oral-B Pro 3000?
The Oral-B Pro 3000 offers you with quite a few features over the Oral-B Pro 1000 at a price that’s still quite affordable and certainly reasonable. (Click here to check out my full review of the Oral-B Pro 3000)
The main features of the Oral-B Pro 3000 might be summed up as follows:
- 3 Cleaning modes: The first thing that you need to know about this model is that it provides you with three cleaning modes to choose from.
- Pressure Indicator, Charging Indicator, Quadpacer: All of these features come along with the Oral-B Pro 3000. If these are the features you’re looking for, the Oral-B Pro 3000 can easily live up to your expectations.
- 7 day battery-life: The Oral-B Pro 3000 also comes along with a 7 day battery life, which means that you would not have to worry about charging it for 7 days once you’ve fully charged it.
- 2 colors to choose from: There are two color options available if you choose to go for the Oral-B Pro 3000- white and blue. So, if aestheticism is something you have in mind, the Oral-B Pro 3000 is a great choice from that angle.
- Bluetooth Connectivity: The Oral-B Pro 3000 also comes along with Bluetooth connectivity, as you might have guessed already. In fact, this is one of the most affordable models from Oral-B that provide you with this feature.
Sounds like a model that you’d want to go for? Click here to view it on Amazon.
What are the main features of the Oral-B Genius 8000?
The Oral-B Genius 8000 is really a genius in terms of the level of functionality that it provides you with. It might seem like it is slightly expensive, and it really is, but the features it provides you with justifies its price tag. (click here to check out my full review of this model)
The main features of the Oral-B Genius 8000 might be summed in the following points:
- 6 Modes to choose from: The Oral-B Genius 8000 offers you six brushing modes to choose form. This depicts a really high level of functionality that this model offers to you. However, if you want a cheaper model with 6 brushing modes, consider the Oral-B Pro 7000 (Click here to check out my full review of the Oral-B Pro 7000)
- 30-second timer, Charging Indicator, Pressure Indicator: The Oral-B Genius 8000 is a premium model and it naturally comes along with all these basic features- in fact, it comes with a lot more than just these, as we shall now check out.
- Face-recognition and real-time brushing status: The Oral-B Genius 8000 comes along with a real time face detection system where if you keep your camera open and turned towards your face while you brush, it would show you which part of your teeth still haven’t been brushed properly- making your overall brushing experience entirely perfect.
- Charger Adaptability: The Oral-B Genius 8000 has a travel case along with it- this has a charger that can adapt to almost any outlet in the world. This makes the overall charging process much simpler for you because you don’t have to carry an additional device if you’re on a trip. (Click here to see how to store your toothbrush when travelling)
- High Price: It is natural that the Oral-B Genius 8000 has a pretty high price given the fact that it is one of the most premium choices you can go from from the Oral-B line of products.
Does this sound like the model that you’ve been looking for all along? Click here to view it on Amazon!
What are the main differences at work here?
These two models are actually quite different. This becomes even more clear once you take a look at the main things that actually set these two models apart.
The most important differences when it comes to buying might be summed up in the following points:
- Brushing Modes: The Oral-B Pro 3000 has only three brushing modes while the Oral-B Genius 8000 offers you with 6 of them to choose from.
- Color Choice: If you’re looking for the aesthetic aspect as well, the Oral-B Pro 3000 provides you with only White and Blue, while the Oral-B Genius 8000 is available in Black, White, Rose Gold and Orchid Purple.
- In the box brush-heads: The Oral-B Pro 3000 has only one brush head come along with it. The Genius 8000, in comparison, comes along with 3 brush heads.
- Travel Case: The Oral-B Genius 8000 comes along with a beautiful travel case that gives you a high level of charger adaptability as well, this is missing with the Oral-B Pro 3000.
- Position detection: The Oral-B Genius 8000 also comes along with the position detection/ face recognition feature as well as a smartphone holder box that sticks to your wall with suction- these are missing with the Pro 3000.
- Pricing: Of course, another major difference is the pricing. The Oral-B Pro 3000 is actually a pretty affordable model, even more affordable than the mid-range Pro 5000. As such, the Genius 8000 is actually an expensive choice because it’s a premium flagship model.
At the end of the day, I’d personally say that the Oral-B Genius 8000 is the better choice of the two simply because it can cater to your needs even more well, and you don’t have to comply with the features that your toothbrush provides you with.
As such, if you’re looking for a model with a high level of functionality and efficiency, pretty much one of the best choices that Oral-B can offer, and are fine with the price, then the Genius 8000 is without doubt the best choice for you out there. (Click here to view it on Amazon)
Alternatively, if you’re looking for something that has quite a few features but nothing super fancy, and is actually quite affordable at the same time, then the Oral-B Pro 3000 is the better choice of the two for you. (Click here to view it on Amazon)