How to Hang a Toothbrush from the Wall or Mirror
July 12, 2019
I used to store my toothbrush in my drawer at one point of time. But once I realized the mistake I was making, I stopped immediately!
And I cannot let you make the same mistake that I did. Please know that keeping your toothbrush in your drawer is a horrible mistake. One of the worst that you can possibly make.
What sounds like a great idea, taking it out-using it- and keeping it back in there, is actually a horrible nightmare for your oral hygiene that you need to stop doing right away if you’re doing it.
On the contrary, a much better idea is to actually hang your toothbrush from the wall or mirror if you can.
[Why, you wonder? Keep reading the article to find out what exactly makes this such a great idea!]
What are the main things that you need to keep in mind?
There are some specific things that you need to keep in mind when storing your toothbrush.
The main concern is that you must prevent germs from breeding on it.
And you know what’s the ideal breeding ground for germs?
So, here are the main things that you need to keep in mind to ensure that your toothbrush wouldn’t remain wet:
- Drying it properly: The first and most important thing to do is to dry it properly after every use. This is one of the things that you must positively do and pay attention to every single time. Failing to do this almost always means that you put yourself and your dental hygiene at risk.
- Storing it in an open place: One of the main reasons why storing it in the drawer is such a horrible idea is because you really don’t want to keep the brush head wet. The chances of it remaining wait increases manifold when there is no air circulation. So, keeping it in a closed place like a drawer almost always means that you put your oral hygiene at risk- something you need to avoid at all costs.
- Keeping it upright: Keeping it in an upright position is actually a really important thing to do as well. So, that’s something you need to pay a lot of attention to, too. The main reason behind this is actually the same. If you keep it upright, the water actually doesn’t stand where the brush head is, reducing the chances of a germ buildup there.
How to Hang a Toothbrush from the Wall or Mirror?
Hanging a toothbrush from a wall or mirror isn’t a hard task at all if you’ve decided to actually go for it.
There are many ways to approach this problem. And honestly, a lot of people have come up with newer and newer ways to approach it depending on their specific scenarios.
However, here are some of the main ways that you might find worth your time to check out!
- “Toothbrush Hangers”: Toothbrush hangers are much like the cloth/towel hangers inside your bathroom that are on the other side of the door. Imagine just hanging your toothbrush by the neck between two extended bits? That’s exactly what it’s all about- super simple, and something a lot of people actually go for. The main positive thing about this choice is how you can actually have several toothbrushes hanging at the same time. This is one of the main reasons why a lot of people actually go for this method.
- Toothbrush Holder: The next option is to toothbrush holder. This is basically the same thing as the hanger, just individually. This is much sought after by people who actually want something more portable. So, if you’re looking for a temporary solution or just don’t want to have a long term commitment with what you want to hang your toothbrush from, this seems like a better choice.
And of course, regardless of which of these choices you go with, you can rest assured that there are a lot of models available out there!
Yes, a ton of people actually do hang their toothbrushes to ensure their dental health. And honestly, it’s one of the methods that do deserve to be recommended!
Is Hanging a toothbrush from the wall or mirror a good idea?
Well, you might wonder at one point or another if hanging your toothbrush is such a great idea after all.
As it turns out, it actually meets all of the requirements of a proper way of storing your toothbrush. This actually makes hanging it a pretty great idea to go for!
However, there are still a few things you need to keep in mind. The most important of these by far is where you plan to hang it.
[Most people I know choose to hang it in their bathroom, here’s why that’s a horrible idea!]
As it turns out, most of the people choose to store it in their bathroom. This is by far one of the worst things out there that you can do!
Why, you wonder? Well, turns out, we have already prepared an article for you on exactly this! Please click here to check out our article on why you should not store your toothbrush in your bathroom!
Don’t forget to wash your toothbrush properly once in a while, though!
One important thing that you need to keep in mind is that you need to perfectly sterilize your toothbrush every once in a while though.
While this might seem a little trivial, it actually ensures that your dental hygiene is perfectly maintained. Now, how often you do this depends on you and the exact thing you’re using.
However, Hydrogen Peroxide and Baking Soda are among the two most common choices when it comes to this. So, you might want to check out our articles that we prepared specially for you, in case you wanted to check out how to clean your toothbrush with those:
- Click here to check out how you might want to clean your toothbrush with Hydrogen Peroxide!
- Click here to check out if you can clean your toothbrush with Baking Soda!
Thank you for reading today’s article at Tooth Advocates!
You know, I love having you around, and I’m really glad to see that you stayed till the very end! I really hope that you liked today’s article, and that you’d stay tuned for our upcoming ones.
I understand, though, that you might still have a few questions that you’d like to ask me. And guess what? I’d love to answer them for you! So, if there’s anything that you think I might be able to assist you with, don’t hesitate to shoot it straight my way.
And just remember that your dental hygiene really deserves more priority than it gets. So, please promise yourself that you’re going to take care of those teeth now onward! After all, you need to keep up that smile for all the happy events coming in your life, don’t you?
Once again, thank you for being here till the very end, and please check back for more awesome articles such as this one. Until we meet again on another article, have a great day!