What’s the Best Sonicare for Braces?
October 16, 2020
Having braces naturally means getting a little more selective and this applies even more to dental products. However, that does not in any way mean that you need to exclude the amazing Sonicare range of toothbrushes from your arsenal. But the wide range of fairly similar models remains confusing even with a narrowed down list, doesn’t it? After all, What’s the Best Sonicare for Braces?
As it so happens, there is no one answer to this question because each of them offers you with slightly different features that can actually make a lot of difference based on what your needs are. So, let’s do this- we are going to walk you through each of these amazing models that are perfectly in-line with braces (don’t worry, the list isn’t too long) and discuss the main features for each of them. Then, we can take a look at how you might want to choose the right model for yourself at the end of the day.
What’s the Best Sonicare for Braces?
Even after shortening down the list based on the requirements for braces, it isn’t always easy to settle for a particular model. After all, almost all the sonicare models seem so enticing and yet so similar to one another that it actually takes a lot of research to figure out which of them would be the best for your needs- but there’s no reason to worry because we are going to help you out with just that.
Let us take a look at the main sonicare models that are compatible with your braces and the main features that each of these models offer you with.
Philips Sonicare ProtectiveClean 5100
Let us begin with the Sonicare ProtectiveClean 5100, one of the standard mid-range sonicare models that is often the go-to model for most people that are new to the Sonicare line of products (although a lot of people choose to stick to it even later on.) The main features of this mode are:
- 1 Intensity Setting: Unlike some other Sonicare mdoels, the ProtectiveClean 5100 provides you with only a single intensity setting. This really is not much of a hassle for most people since they don’t really change their intensity settings all that much, but this is one of the reasons why some people choose to go for other models, such as the 4100 which actually has two such settings. (click here to check out the 4100 on amazon)
- 3 Cleaning Modes: The 4100 also comes with 3 cleaning modes for you to choose from- Clean, White and Gum Care. The handle provides you with the option to choose the mode that you plan on using. There are also light indicators that show which exact cleaning mode you have selected.
- Pressure Sensor and 2 minute timer with QuadPacer: The model also comes with a pressure sensor that lights up and makes you alert if you’re applying too much pressure that isn’t all that good for your teeth and gums. The timer also ensures that you devote the right amount of time for each quarter of your mouth to be cleaned perfectly without over-doing it.
- Financially Balanced: As I said earlier, this is a proper mid-range product, which makes it a good choice as far as finances are concerned. While it isn’t the cheapest one out there, it’s still fairly affordable and you get more than what you pay for at the end of the day.
Philips Sonicare DiamondClean Smart 9500
On the other hand, if you’re looking for a model that would provide you with almost all the features that you really need and you’re willing to splurge a bit for it, the Philips Sonicare DiamondClean Smart 9500 is the model that you’re looking for. Here are the main points that describe this model properly:
- 3 Intensity Settings: The DiamondClean Smart 9500 provides you with 3 intensity settings to choose from.
- 5 Cleaning Modes: With five cleaning modes to select from, the DiamondClean 9500 makes sure that your dental needs are definitely covered. The five modes to choose from are Clean, White+, Gum Health, DeepClean and TongueCare+.
- Premium Charging Travel Case: This model also comes with a premium travelling case that you can also use to charge your electric toothbrush, ensuring that you’re always ready to brush on the go.
- 4 Brush-Heads Included: This model is also accompanied by 4 brush-heads, ensuring that you can rest assured that you can select the right one according to your dental needs.
- 4 Color Options: When going for this model, there are several color variants that you can choose from, so be sure to do your research before you jump in!
- Expensive: But there’s one drawback to this model, the one we mentioned at the very onset- this model is a little expensive. It’s a great model if you can afford it, because it’s sure to meet your needs, but there’s no reason to worry if you’re on a more conservative budget, because you’re sure to find just the right sonicare electric toothbrush model within the range that you’re looking for.
Philips Sonicare ProtectiveClean 6500
Next in line is the ProtectiveClean 6500, yet another well-balanced model that you can choose to rely on if you’re looking for something a little better than the 5100 but aren’t really in need of the wide range of features that the 9500 provides you with. The main features of this model are as follows:
- 3 Speed Settings: This model comes with three intensity settings for you to choose from as well.
- 3 Modes plus Smart Brush-heads: There are 3 modes for you to choose from, the same old clean, white and gum care. But the added benefit in this model is that you can attach toothbrush-heads that are connected to it and can actually adjust modes accordingly without you having to change it- of course this requires special heads that cost a little extra, something that you can avoid by going through a little hassle and manually changing the modes and using regular heads if you want.
- Brush head replacement indicator: It also comes with yet another indicator that shows when it’s time for you to replace the brush-head.
- Travel Case: As usual, this model also comes with a travel case. However, you cannot charge your model in this travel case, something you need to keep in mind.
- Fairly Priced: While this model isn’t really cheap, it’s still fairly affordable and is worth the price because of the whole range of features that it provides you with.
Philips Sonicare ProtectiveClean 4100
Let us finally conclude with the Sonicare ProtectiveClean 4100, a much more basic model that’s pretty much affordable for everyone, including those on a comparatively tighter budget. The main features of this model might be summed up as follows:
- Very Affordable: This model is by far the most affordable model in the ProtectiveClean series and is pretty much affordable for everyone. So, if you’re new to the series or just want to get started with a model without investing too much or are just on a slightly conservative budget, this model seems to be a great choice for you.
- 1 Speed Setting: The 4100 provides you with only the single default speed setting.
- 1 Cleaning Mode: Unlike other models, this model gives you only a single cleaning mode. This means that there is no option to choose from on the handle and no extra indicator to show which cleaning mode you’re using at the given moment.
- No Travel Case: Also, the 4100 comes without a travel case, which isn’t really much of a problem if you aren’t planning to travel much with it but might be source for annoyance if you are, and is something you might want to keep in mind.
Searching for the Best Electric Toothbrushes for Braces? Don’t forget to consider Oral-B!
If you’re on the lookout for the Best Electric Toothbrushes that would be compatible with your braces, Oral-B is also a great option just like Sonicare. So, if you haven’t made up your mind yet, make sure that you check out the Oral-B options that you have available so that you can have a wider range of choices that you can choose from to ensure that you get a model that serves your needs perfectly.