My Comparison of the Oral-B Vitality VS Pro 5000
July 12, 2019
The Oral-B Vitality is known as the most affordable model while the Oral-B Pro 5000 is known as one of the most value-for-money models that you might want to go for.
As such, it might often be hard to choose between these two. But there’s no need for you to worry, because Tooth Advocates is here for you! We’re going to check out the main differences between the two and see when you might want to go for which model of the two.
[So, make sure that you read this article till the very end to find out which model would be the better choice in which situation.]
What are the main features of the Oral-B Vitality?
If you’re looking for something truly affordable, look no further than the Oral-B Vitality! (Please click here to check out our full review of this model)
However, while it sure is affordable, you might want to take a look at its features before you settle for it anyway. It’s main features might be summed up as follows:
- A single cleaning mode: This model is a basic model. As such, it comes along with only a single cleaning mode. However, this 2D cleaning mode is actually fairly effective anyway.
- 2 Brush-Heads in-box: This is one of the only models in the entire line of products that come along with two in-box brush heads, which is an amazing thing.
- Missing Quadpacer: This model does not boast of the quadpacer or the 30-second alert feature of the timer that models starting from the Oral-B Pro 500 boast of. (Click here to check out our review of the Oral-B Pro 500 electric toothbrush!)
- Missing Pressure Indicator: This model also doesn’t have a pressure sensor or a Pressure Indicator. If you’re looking for a pressure sensor that would reduce the intensity of the brush when you’re applying too much pressure, the Oral-B Pro 500 is among the only models that can provide you with that (click here to check out the Oral-B Pro 500 on Amazon). Alternatively, if you’re looking for a light that would indicate if you’re applying too much pressure, you might want to go for the Oral-B Pro 1000 (click here to check out our review of the Oral-B Pro 1000)
- Cost: As I said earlier, this is by far the most affordable model out there. So if you’re on a conservative budget or just want to make the most economic choice, the Vitality is the right choice for you.
Sounds like the Vitality is what you’re looking for? Click here to check out the Oral-B Vitality on Amazon!
What are the main features of the Oral-B Pro 5000?
The Oral-B Pro 5000 (Click here to read our full review of the Oral-B Pro 5000), conversely, is a perfectly mid-range model that provides you with a lot of features at a price that’s substantially more affordable than the more premium models out there. If you’re looking for a more premium model, consider the Oral-B Pro 7000- Click here to read our review of the Pro 7000.
At any rate, you would understand how reasonably priced the Oral-B Pro 5000 is once you actually take a look at the features that it provides you with. These might now be described in the following points:
- 5 cleaning modes: This model provides you with five cleaning modes which represents a seriously high level of functionality overall. You can pretty much choose the mode that suits you the best and get the maximum out of your brushing experience.
- Connectable to Bluetooth: This model also boasts of bluetooth connectivity, which lets you customize your overall brushing experience to a huge extent. However, if you’re looking for a slightly more affordable model with Bluetooth connectivity, be sure to consider the Oral-B Pro 3000 (Click here to check out our review of the Pro 3000)
- Quadpacer present: This model has a quadpacer and so you can be alerted every 30 seconds during your tow minute brushing session.
- Charging indicator: This model also comes along with a charging indicator, which is actually a pretty big thing. This is available in all models starting from the Oral-B Pro 1000.
- Pressure Indicator: This model also comes along with a pressure sensor and indicator light that would alert you when it senses that you’re using too much pressure to brush your teeth. This is a very useful feature and can help you keep your teeth and gums healthier in the long run.
If this seems like the perfect model for you the way it did for me, click here to go for it on Amazon.
What are the main differences between the two models?
As you might have already realized, these two models are significantly different from one another. However, let us take a look at the main ones among these one by one:
- Number of Brushing Modes: The Oral-B Vitality has only one 2D brushing mode while the Pro 5000 boasts of 5 brushing modes. So, if you’re looking for a higher level of functionality, the latter model seems to be the right one to go for.
- Pressure Indicator: The Oral-B Vitality does not have a pressure sensor or a pressure indicator. The Pro 5000 boasts of a pressure indicator that would alert you if you’re brushing too hard. So, if you’re looking for this feature, the Pro 5000 seems to be the right choice for you.
- Bluetooth Connectivity: The Vitality does not come with a bluetooth feature, while the Oral-B Pro 5000 boasts of it. So, if you’re looking for this feature, the Pro 5000 seems to be the better choice of the two.
- 30 second timer: The 30 second alert feature during the two minute brushing sessions, also known as the Quadpacer, is something that the Oral-B Pro 5000 boasts of. And since the Vitality doesn’t boast of it, the Pro 5000 seems to be the right model if you’re looking for it.
- Pricing: Well, the Oral-B Vitality is much more affordable than the Oral-B Pro 5000. So, if you’re on a conservative budget or if affordability is the main thing you want to consider, the Oral-B Vitality is a much better choice from an economical perspective.
At the end of the day, it’s pretty safe to say that these two models are significantly different.
While the Oral-B Vitality is base model and relies on its affordability, the Pro 5000 is a mid-range model that relies on its overall functionality in relation to its price. And the Oral-B Pro 5000 sure does deliver what you would expect of its price.
As such, I’d say if that if you’re looking for a functional model and are willing to pay a bit extra, you might want to go with the Oral-B Pro 5000. (Click here to buy the Oral-B Pro 5000 on Amazon)
Alternatively, if you’re looking for a model that’s more affordable and economic in the long run, then the Oral-B Vitality is the best model in the entire Oral-B electric toothbrush series without a shadow of doubt. (Click here to buy the Oral-B Vitality on Amazon)