A Comparison of the Oral-B Pro 5000 vs Genius 8000
July 25, 2019
The Oral-B Genius 8000 is without doubt the first model that would come to your mind if you’re looking for the most functional model from the Oral-B line of products.
But a lot of people might argue that you don’t need all these extra features and a mid-range model would suffice just as well.
To find out how true that is, let us compare the perfectly mid-range Oral-B Pro 5000 with the Genius 8000 and see how they stand up to each other.
[Wondering about the exact results? be sure to keep reading till the very end!]
What are the main features of the Oral-B Pro 5000?
Let us begin by discussing the perfectly mid range oral-b Pro 5000, which offers you with quite a few features at a price that is actually very reasonable. (click here to see my full review of this model)
The main features of the Oral-B Pro 50000 might be summed up into the following points:
- Five Brushing modes to choose from: The Oral-B Pro 5000 offers you with 5 brushing modes to choose from which is actually quite a bit. This shows you the level of functionality and adaptability that you can expect of this model.
- 10-day Battery life: The Oral-B Pro 5000 comes along with a fairly mid-length battery life of 10 days. This means that the battery is going to be able to support the toothbrush for 10 days assuming you brush twice a day for two minutes each.
- Provides you with a better timer, charging indicator and pressure indicator: The Oral-B Pro 5000 comes along with all these features from the very beginning, so you don’t have to be afraid of losing out on the core important features that improve your overall brushing experience.
- Bluetooth: Another feature of the Oral-B Pro 5000 is the Bluetooth connectivity that it offers you with. However, if you’re looking for a model that’s even more affordable and provides you with the same feature, please consider the Oral-B Pro 3000. (Click here to check out my review of the Pro 3000)
- Cost: The Oral-B Pro 5000, as I remarked earlier, is a perfectly mid-range model. As such. it really isn’t the most affordable choice out there. However, it still is a lot more affordable than the more premium choices out there.
If this sounds like the right choice for you- click here to check out the price of the Oral-B Pro 5000 on Amazon.
What are the main features of the Oral-B Genius 8000?
The Oral-B Genius 8000 is really a genius in terms of the level of functionality that it provides you with. It might seem like it is slightly expensive, and it really is, but the features it provides you with justifies its price tag. (click here to check out my full review of this model)
The main features of the Oral-B Genius 8000 might be summed in the following points:
- 6 Modes to choose from: The Oral-B Genius 8000 offers you six brushing modes to choose form. This depicts a really high level of functionality that this model offers to you. However, if you want a cheaper model with 6 brushing modes, consider the Oral-B Pro 7000 (Click here to check out my full review of the Oral-B Pro 7000)
- 30-second timer, Charging Indicator, Pressure Indicator: The Oral-B Genius 8000 is a premium model and it naturally comes along with all these basic features- in fact, it comes with a lot more than just these, as we shall now check out.
- Face-recognition and real-time brushing status: The Oral-B Genius 8000 comes along with a real time face detection system where if you keep your camera open and turned towards your face while you brush, it would show you which part of your teeth still haven’t been brushed properly- making your overall brushing experience entirely perfect.
- Charger Adaptability: The Oral-B Genius 8000 has a travel case along with it- this has a charger that can adapt to almost any outlet in the world. This makes the overall charging process much simpler for you because you don’t have to carry an additional device if you’re on a trip. (Click here to see how to store your toothbrush when travelling)
- High Price: It is natural that the Oral-B Genius 8000 has a pretty high price given the fact that it is one of the most premium choices you can go from from the Oral-B line of products.
Does this sound like the model that you’ve been looking for all along? Click here to view it on Amazon!
What are the main differences between these two models?
These two models, as you might have already noticed, have quite a few differences between them. These might easily be understood by a close comparison of them:
- Brushing Modes: Naturally, the Oral-B Pro 5000 comes along with 5 brushing modes while the Genius 8000 offers you with 6, showcasing its higher level of functionality.
- Battery life: The Oral-B Pro 5000 offers you with a battery life of only 10 days as opposed to the 14-day battery life of the Oral-B Genius 8000, making the latter a better choice.
- Smart 360 degree ring: Yet another difference is the 360 Degree Smart LED ring that the Oral-B Genius 8000 provides you with but the Pro 5000 lacks- if that’s something you’re looking for, then the Genius 8000 is the clear winner here.
- Brush heads: The Oral-B Genius 8000 comes along with 2 brush heads as opposed to the single one that the Pro 5000 comes along with, making the latter a clear winner in this case as well.
- Suction Cup Stand: The Genius 8000 comes along with a suction cup-stand as well, another feature that’s missing in the Oral-B Pro 5000.
- Smart Travel Case: The Oral-B Genius 8000 comes along with a smart travel case where you can charge your toothbrush in any place across the world. The Oral-B Pro 5000, on the other hand comes along with just a regular travel case that you cannot charge your toothbrush in.
- Pricing: Of course, it goes without saying that the Oral-B Pro 5000 is a mid-range model and is a lot more affordable than the Oral-B Genius 8000, which is a premium flagship model.
Conclusion: Which one should you go for?
Personally, I feel like the Oral-B Genius 8000 provides you with a whole lot of features over the Pro 5000, making the price difference more than justified. For me, the Genius 8000 seems like the clear winner here if you’re fine with the price tag. (Click here to view it on Amazon!)
On the other hand, if you’re looking for something that has quite a few features but is fairly affordable at the same time, then the Oral-B Pro 5000 is without doubt a great value for money model that you can be perfectly comfortable going with. (Click here to view it on Amazon)